Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Regarding complaints about the 'new' board >

Regarding complaints about the 'new' board

Regarding complaints about the 'new' board

Old 04-14-2011, 07:30 AM

Whenever there is a change over with something, there are always a few glicks. As for adds, that helps pay for what we get free. Like TV used to be. We still get adds on our TV's and have to pay through the nose to watch it. I personally am very greatful this is free, and we get so much from here. And have met wonderful people, who are so helpful. As for slowness, it's usually my provider. So if it's slow. I just go quilt and come back in a little while. Alls well with the world and the board. I give the board a "THUMBS UP!"
Old 04-14-2011, 09:19 AM

ABsolutely!! This is the best and it takes a lot of work to keep it up and running. No complaints here.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:49 AM

Funny how this is the first topic I've read about the "ads" that hasn't been locked. I had trouble too with the site being slow and with the elongated ads that filled my screen but I simply scrolled/paged down and went past them. I too am thankful for this "free" space where I can chat with friends, see and learn lots and lots of stuff. Yes ads earn revenue that pays for the web-hosting and we should all agree that we have a choice to click on the links or not. I use web-based email and have the same situation there. Doesn't do much good to complain unless you have a suggestion for a solution. In this instance, eliminating free access might be the only choice. I'd rather have to scroll past the ads (as long as they are not unreasonably long) than have to pay to have access. This site is well organized and very well presented compared to most groups I've been on and I thoroughly enjoy it. I look at the ads like a fly on the screen, annoying at times but easy to look past.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Johanna Fritz
Originally Posted by rustqlts
...Lets try to be more appreciative of a wonderful service we're receiving--for FREE. rusty
Amen. I can't think of anywhere on the internet where you can get this high of a quality of service where you aren't forced to watch a 30 second info-mercial with each mouse click. Unless they are going to start charging us all $25.00 per year to subscribe, we all need to count our blessings and complain a little less. :)
AMEN again!!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by rustqlts
Recently, there have been complaints about ads at the top of pages, slow downloads, etc., on the message board. These boards are free to us, and don't the ads help keep them that way? I've not experienced any of the myriad of problems being mentioned, so maybe I'm just lucky--but lets try to be more appreciative of a wonderful service we're receiving--for FREE. rusty
Amend! I just love this board and have learned so much from it.....I feel very fortunate to have found it and am grateful and appreciative to all those who contribute.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Banned

I'm happy to see so many on here that enjoy the QB enough to overlook a few things. I personally have not had an issue w/slowness, nor A LOT of ads - none popping up & the only ones I even noticed (not before it was even mentioned on here) is the one at the top of this reply area.

I really hope we don't have so many complain that a "fee" is considered. I am a senior, on a VERY fixed income & this is such a pleasure for me to participate in without being charged.

It seems the world has become so hurried, that unfortunately I think many do not even take the time to actually enjoy the blessings around them every day. It is really sad when so many 'little' things in life cause frustration or 'upset' people.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT not to enjoy & see the good side of every opportunity that comes our way.

SLOW DOWN & SMELL THE ROSES :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 04-14-2011, 12:02 PM

No complaints here!
Old 04-14-2011, 03:26 PM

I for one don't even notice the ads, I see what I came to see I guess. Slower, maybe but so am I!
Old 04-14-2011, 03:37 PM

I never see the ads on here, because I have Ad Filter on my desk top computer.

When I use my daughter's Desk computer at her house, the ads are all over the place making hard to focus on the topics.
Her lap top has the ads too, but she has Mozilla for her desk PC and Windows for the lap top but her Ad Filter is not downloaded.

I use Mozilla/Firefox for (3) years now and never have a problem yet *knock on wood* previously it was with Windows.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gramquilter2
I for one don't even notice the ads, I see what I came to see I guess. Slower, maybe but so am I!
LOL - Agree 100% - slower is sometimes better!!!! :wink: :wink: