Roseaca

Old 10-06-2011, 04:02 PM

I have a great dermatologist. He put me on a antibiotic and i stayed on it for a long time. I also use metro cream. The only cosmetics I can use is Mary Kay. I use a good sun screen when ever I'm outside. My skin has been clear for a long time. I have learned to control it but sometimes, I get a slight break out but not very often.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:12 PM

I was told I had Roseaca last year, but when I stopped using moistureizer with sunscreen the problem went away. I think I'm allergic to sunscreen.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:30 PM

I use Basis cleanser (removes makeup but gentle) Aveeno calming moisturizer and Mary Kay liquid makeup with a brush for application - you never would know I have roseaca.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by carmen garcia
the Dr. gave me an ointment called Elocon. It worked for me.
I'm surprised that your Dr gave you Elocon. It is great, but my Dr would only give it to me for occasional use. It's a corticosteroid, and long term use on a large area of skin can cause skin problems and hormone problems. It has a warning that says not to use it on the face, which is where I use it - but only occasionally.

It works miracles on my swollen, red, sore eyelids when allergy season is at it's height, though, and I only use it for a day or two every few weeks in the spring.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by donnajean
I was told I had Roseaca last year, but when I stopped using moistureizer with sunscreen the problem went away. I think I'm allergic to sunscreen.
You might be - I am. I never, ever wear sunscreen on my face. Consequently I have hat hair ALL the time, but at least my face doesn't hurt so much. :)
Old 10-06-2011, 05:23 PM

I only used the Elocon occasionally also
Old 10-06-2011, 07:08 PM

I was using a calming moisturizer with sunscreen and my face was very red and dry. I switched to Mary Kay sunscreen and Cerave lotion before liquid foundation and my face has looked much better this summer. I'm not sure if it was the sunscreen or some other ingredient that I was allergic to.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by marku
If you have Roseaca....how do you handle
keeping it under control? How long does it
take you to get it under control?
Just got diagnosed a few weeks ago myself. I was told to use very mild cleansers, no hot water, NO sun, avoid hot foods and environments....just some of the pointers the doc gave me.

Good luck!