Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Scam--- FUN

Scam--- FUN

OK! I have had my fun. Thanks to all of you.

I received a call
    Caller: This is Microsoft and your computer is sending us some strange messages.
    Me: OH really?
    Caller: Yes, we need you to invite in so that we can look at your computer so we can fix you problem.
    Me: My computer is sending you messages?
    Caller: Yes and we need to fix it.
    Me: Since my computer is sending you messages I need to know where my computer is?
    Caller: What do you mean you need to know where your computer is.
    Me : It was stolen about a month ago and If you are receiving messages from it you can tell me where it is by the IP address. Right?
    Caller: I do not know what you mean.
    Me: You are getting messages from my computer and if you check the IP address and let me know what it is, I can have the police go to the address and arrest who ever has it as they must have stolen it. Right?
    CLICK and they were gone.
    DARN and thought that I could get my computer back. Right?
    Last edited by jarenie; 10-27-2014 at 12:39 PM. Reason: SPELLING
    Life is Great and then I have to go to WORK.
    Jarenie

Funny............but they will call back. I hung up on them one time and the dumb bunny calls back and says " we got disconnected"........I said "NO I hung up on you"......he said a few choice words and hung up. They calls us about every 4 to 6 weeks.
    Got-to Love those Dachshunds!!!!!

Quilters STITCH Together!!

Jazzmyn,
    I have a MINI Dachshound and he is the love of my life.
    Life is Great and then I have to go to WORK.
    Jarenie

Jarenie,

Yep the Doxies are addicting......mine are Spoiled rotten. Jazzmyn is a Blue & Tan she is 7 and Ratchet is a Red piebald and he is 5. What color is your Doxie and how old?
    Got-to Love those Dachshunds!!!!!

Quilters STITCH Together!!

Quote Originally Posted by jarenie View Post
    OK! I have had my fun. Thanks to all of you.

I received a call
    Caller: This is Microsoft and your computer is sending us some strange messages.
    Me: OH really?
    Caller: Yes, we need you to invite in so that we can look at your computer so we can fix you problem.
    Me: My computer is sending you messages?
    Caller: Yes and we need to fix it.
    Me: Since my computer is sending you messages I need to know where my computer is?
    Caller: What do you mean you need to know where your computer is.
    Me : It was stolen about a month ago and If you are receiving messages from it you can tell me where it is by the IP address. Right?
    Caller: I do not know what you mean.
    Me: You are getting messages from my computer and if you check the IP address and let me know what it is, I can have the police go to the address and arrest who ever has it as they must have stolen it. Right?
    CLICK and they were gone.
    DARN and thought that I could get my computer back. Right?
    Bwahahahahaaaa!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

OH, how well you handled that guy. Thanks for the laugh of the day. I have never gotten a called and I wonder if it because I am running XP. I doubt if MS even has my phone number let alone my address !!
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Love it!!
    Linda
    http://quiltingbiker.blogspot.com

dd
    I have gotten them too. The first guy told me he was calling from windows and later that day another guy called and said he was calling from Microsoft. He told me the same thing and I told him I didn't have a computer, while I was sitting right there looking at it. He told me he did know I had a computer and there were people inside my computer hacking information from it. I said well they must be really tiny and told him to take my name off their list. There is a whole list of people complaining about them on the internet. My call went through VA but they all have Indian accents. My son, the IT guy, told me there is a big problem with this. My husband said he talked to them a week before.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

My DH is a computer guru - geek - whatever you want to call them. He had such fun with those guys. When they asked him about our computer, he would ask them "which one?" They never really figured out what he meant. We have about 12 computers in our house. My DH will keep then talking until they get fed up with him having an answer for them, whatever they ask. One time the guy was so upset he said some 4 letter words and hung up. Now we have caller ID which reduces those calls immensily.

If my DH and I have a few minutes to mess with these guys, we have a hoot with them. They usually just hang up in frustration with the two old folks who don't "understand" the directions. We pose as "Mom" and "Dad" and toss the questions back and forth. Too funny.

Blog Entries
    You all have some very funny things to do to these callers. I sometimes had the phone to a grandson and let them try to communicate with him. Other times I simply pick up my playground whistle and blow.

I got a call about my computer and windows was a problem and they could fix it! I said to them I don't use windows, I have a Mac and I hung up.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

You guys are too funny. I usually don't answer the phone if I don't recognize the number. Lately my DH has been calling the numbers that show on caller ID and usually get a recording that the number is not in service. Strange since they just called ME.
    Sue

Good one! I tell them we have several computers and to tell me the IP address of the infected one. They give a string of at least 25 numbers with a few dots thrown in. I tell them to please hold and I'll turn on the computer and walk away.

I like yours better. I'll try that next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Learner747 View Post
    You all have some very funny things to do to these callers. I sometimes had the phone to a grandson and let them try to communicate with him. Other times I simply pick up my playground whistle and blow.
    My husban has been known to use an airhorn on the callers that just won't give up. Finally they do. I don't know why.

The last time I got their call they said they were from Microsoft Technical support. I said "but wait, I work in Microsoft technical support, so you must be a fraud and we will be reporting you!" Click. I don't, but it got rid of them!