Scam READ IMPORTANT!!!!!!

Old 02-07-2012, 08:10 AM

Angry Scam READ IMPORTANT!!!!!!

The other day someone emailed they were scammed or hacked, well me too!!!!Hope all is cleared up now for you.
So if anyone gets an email from AT&T stating their clearing out unused emails as there has been problems with over load delet. AT&T doesn't send emails they will send that in the mail where information from account is needed. BE CARE. THis old lady just learned a lesson. Not computer smart.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:19 AM

I get them almost daily! I called AT&T. They confirmed fraud.do not reply to these! As always, NEVER give personal info of any kind when asked on phone or in emails. Reputable companies will not even ask.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:41 PM

thanks for sharing
Old 02-08-2012, 07:19 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

we used to get those calls on our cell phone regarding our credit cards, they would ask what our account number is, told them you are calling me; you should know my account number. Then they started asking more questions; told em the same: you are calling me you should know. I hung up on them - then I received a call shortly after from a person stating they were a supervisor for my card; okay which card- they couldn't tell me- SO I screamed in their ear- FRAUD,I am reporting this number immediately. (well I was driving and couldn't do it immediately..LOL I have bluetooth capability). When I got home- hubby said the same so we called the credit card companies and they said this was a fraud and did I still have the numbers-yeppers and gave it to the company-haven't heard a peep from the company or the frauders.
So maybe they were caught or moved on!
Old 02-08-2012, 08:45 AM

There are so many types of scams out there and I know I have deleted some real e-mails because I wasn't sure of them. LOL
Old 02-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by linmid View Post
There are so many types of scams out there and I know I have deleted some real e-mails because I wasn't sure of them. LOL
Same here! But better safe than sorry, right? Also, I tell my friends and family that if they're sending me an attachment or link in their email to make sure they put something in the subject line that alerts me that it's really from them or it WILL get deleted unopened. I've had too many people I know get viruses from opening mail they thought was safe and from someone they knew.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:21 AM

Thanks for Sharing!!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:41 AM

these people r really sneaky, ya know we didn't have these problems till the techno age came on, and it won't stop they just keep trying new things to hurt us
Old 02-09-2012, 07:45 AM

When I get any e-mail from someone claiming to represent or be a company I actually have some kind of relationship with, I immediately give the company a call and ask if the e-mail is legit BEFORE doing anything with the e-mail. ALL of them have been a fraud/hoax. Delete them right away. If the company needs to contact you they will call and already have all your information.