Scam

Old 06-03-2016, 09:20 AM

LOL I just got another call from them, him: I am calling about your computer. Me: what computer? Him: do you have a computer? me: no I do not. him: Do you have a laptop? This is where I thought to late, of course I do but I said no: I should have said yes and then told him it is where my grandchildren sit and I keep it in front of me at all times!
Old 06-05-2016, 05:06 AM

I got the same thing this week. I told him what he could do with himself and hung up. He never called back. I wasn't in a good mood anyways so he really called at a bad time. It wouldn't have helped him no matter when he called. I always tell them that if they call again I'll report them for harrassment, that helps normally. If not then I use either screaming like a mad person or the loud whistle thing. I hate these kinds of calls, especially when they continue to call after you tell them no. I also told this person that I was in the IT field and would know if I had a problem. Which is true as far as being in the IT field plus I have my router secured. There is always someone trying to get rich at the sake of someone who can't afford the loss of any funds to start off with.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by redstilettos View Post
Yes....and that is even After my phone is on the do-not-call list.

Microsoft is a huge organization. They would not be calling each individual person with a PC if there were "issues".
Hangy uppy time.

I agree, plus I use Microsoft Essentials as my security and have never had a problem since I started using this free anti virus program. So I know they'd email me instead of calling.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:48 AM

I just got a notice on my computer (a couple of days ago) telling me that I had a problem with my PC and Windows needs to be fixed. I just needed to call the number on the screen and they would help fix the problem. I do not use windows as I have a Mac. The problem was I couldn't get rid of the message on the screen. I use a company that fixes my computer for a very reasonable price, and the tech got rid of them. It did give me a virus, but it didn't have time to spread in my computer. I have enjoyed reading everyone's solution to get rid of the scammers. My favorite is the one who says "you can come over now the job is done, but there is blood all over the place." I'll bet that got rid of them!!!
Sue
Old 06-05-2016, 09:59 AM

I got one of those the other day and could not make it go away. I keep the Geek's from Best Buy on my computer for help and I punched them up and they got it off for free.