Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Second hand shop treasures

Blog Entries

Second hand shop treasures

I went into the local second hand shop today and it was red tag day. Anything with a red tag was 50% off. I found the 2-3 yard pieces each of red and blue canvas material, 2 books----our best seasonal quilts Fons and Porter and carol doak's easy reversible vests, a bag with bindings, ribbon, handbag clasp, mini plant pot, and two pair of jeans....all for $7.50. Think I will make several Morsbags I read about here today.

Don't you feel wonderful when you get a great bargain? I love Thrift stores. My Mom, Aunts and I always hit our local thrift store on 50% off day. The bargains we find are incredible. So much of my stash has come from thrift stores.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Next to God we are indebted to women, first for life itself, and then for making it worth having.

Christian Nestell Bovee,

Blog Entries
    Great!! I can only hope that shoppers at my local charity shop are just as pleased with things I've donated over the years. It's nice to know things got a new home.

My daughter in law is a teacher and she has gotten alot of things for her classroom from second hand/thrift shops.

Pat in MN

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Nice score...

no really local 'good' thrift shops around me, my fave moved about an hour away several years ago so I don't get to go anymore ... these posts really make me miss having a great thrift store close by. You did great!
    Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell

Great score - glad you found so many nice things.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    We have thrift shops but they aren't as thrifty as you would think. I get better deals at estate sales. I picked up a couple quilting books (Alex Anderson) had patterns and templates, Lapquilting with Georgia Bonesteel and couple others. I paid I think about $1.50-2.00 a book. All have templates and couple patterns and charts. Have not been able to find anything like these in thrift stores yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by wraez View Post
    no really local 'good' thrift shops around me, my fave moved about an hour away several years ago so I don't get to go anymore ... these posts really make me miss having a great thrift store close by. You did great!