Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Seeking Information on Downton Abbey >

Seeking Information on Downton Abbey

Seeking Information on Downton Abbey

Old 01-08-2014, 07:44 AM
Power Poster

careful in the free link- I have watched some episodes but when you first click on it to get it to start, another page will pop up wanting you to download. you Do NOT have to download anything to see it. I close that page down. sometimes it does it twice. finally you get to watch the show. have fun!
Old 01-08-2014, 02:58 PM

In the last episode of the last season Matthew was killed in an automobile accident on his way home from the hospital after Mary gave birth to their firt child. This year starts out six months later with Mary in mourning. It sounds like you have a season to go to catch up. Do you have on demand, I think Comcast was running it there. Hope you can catch up, it is a great show but you really need to pay attention as to what is going on and i think part of that is because of the British accent.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Power Poster

please don't give out info. some have not watched all the episodes!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2014, 06:46 AM

OMG. I knew there would be a spoiler in this thread. The OP is only up to the end of season two. I'm going to pm her and tell her to stay out of the thread.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:52 AM

We watched the first 3 seasons on Amazon Prime for free. Between Amazon Prime, Hulu and Netflix we have a wide selection of really good watching. Much better than having to rely on what's on TV lately. Another show we really like and have caught up to date thanks to Amazon Prime is Call the Midwife. The new season will air I think in PBS after Downton Abbey is finished this season. Hope so.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by judykay View Post
In the last episode of the last season Matthew was killed in an automobile accident on his way home from the hospital after Mary gave birth to their firt child. This year starts out six months later with Mary in mourning. It sounds like you have a season to go to catch up. Do you have on demand, I think Comcast was running it there. Hope you can catch up, it is a great show but you really need to pay attention as to what is going on and i think part of that is because of the British accent.
So the answer would be that she's at the end of Season 2 and needs to watch Season 3. No further info needed.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:11 AM

season 3, the first episode is Mary's wedding. so the end of season 2 would not be them breaking up....
Old 01-09-2014, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by marilynmalloy View Post
season 3, the first episode is Mary's wedding. so the end of season 2 would not be them breaking up....
If you're responding to the OP, you just misread her post. Mary broke it off with the rich publisher, Matthew proposed, and she accepted. Season 2 ended with Mary and Matthew amidst a swirling snowfall of bliss!
Old 01-09-2014, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
You can watch all episodes free here: http://www.watch-tvseries.net/series60/Downton-Abbey/
When I went to the link they asked for my credit card information and promised not to use it. What's that all about?
Old 01-10-2014, 07:59 AM

I have seen various sites where they do this and I just sign out, I don't trust them.