Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Seeking Information on Downton Abbey >

Seeking Information on Downton Abbey

Seeking Information on Downton Abbey

Old 01-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
When I went to the link they asked for my credit card information and promised not to use it. What's that all about?
That is odd. The site I posted, I go directly to the episodes, no credit card asked for and nothing about downloading anything. It streams perfectly with no interruptions. It does have the British commercials that aired with the show. They sure are different from our tv commercials. Scroll down the page and there are all the episodes listed. I use Chrome if that makes any difference I don't know.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:17 AM
Power Poster

I watched all of season four, on the site Bellaboo posted, on my Kindle Fire. I didn't give a credit card number or have to download anything. I also noticed there were shows I could watch from tv channels I don't get on my cable service. There are a lot of British tv shows I've never seen before.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
That is odd. The site I posted, I go directly to the episodes, no credit card asked for and nothing about downloading anything. It streams perfectly with no interruptions. It does have the British commercials that aired with the show. They sure are different from our tv commercials. Scroll down the page and there are all the episodes listed. I use Chrome if that makes any difference I don't know.
I tried in my iPad using Safari. I'll try on the laptop using Chrome.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:00 PM

It worked on the laptop with Chrome. And there were no commercials. Anyone else have problems on their iPad?
Old 01-10-2014, 09:00 PM

Most websites use Flash to run video, and Apple refuses to format their products to work with Flash. So it's best to watch movies and tv shows on non-Apple products.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:24 PM

there are places online where you can watch it for free. Just search for Downton Abby Season 3 watch free.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:51 PM

I can't believe you would give this type of information.

Originally Posted by judykay View Post
In the last episode of the last season Matthew was killed in an automobile accident on his way home from the hospital after Mary gave birth to their firt child. This year starts out six months later with Mary in mourning. It sounds like you have a season to go to catch up. Do you have on demand, I think Comcast was running it there. Hope you can catch up, it is a great show but you really need to pay attention as to what is going on and i think part of that is because of the British accent.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:53 PM

If all you lack is season 3, I would tape but not watch the new shows. Then when you can find season 3 get it watched. It is well worth watching.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:44 AM
Power Poster

Do any of you check with your local PBS station?? All of the L.A. PSB stations showed season 3 from after Thanksgiving up to the premiere in January. Can't understand why someone would be so rude as to post the info on season 4. There has been talk of even another season 5 !!! HOPE you all can catch up !!