Senior Moment...

Old 02-05-2012, 12:24 PM

Thanks for the funny - I needed that!
Old 02-06-2012, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by par4theday View Post
Thanks for the laugh, that was so funny. And yes it could be me.
Its soo good to know this happens to some one else.I was only 25 when it happened the first time
Old 02-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Power Poster

So funny!!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 12:18 PM

too funny, although that could happen to any of us. thanks for sharing.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:17 PM

Good laugh. Thanks.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:41 PM

I agree thanks for the laugh.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:56 PM

That is one of the funniest things I have heard in a long time that gave me a hearty laugh. I really needed that and will tell you why. While I was on the quilting forum, one of my daughters called to ask me to take my two grandkids to school tomorrow as she has jury duty and we talked for awhile. She mentioned that she will not be going out to our "Mardi Gras" this year as my gd will be on a cruise and my gson will be with his friends. She said its not fun anymore since the children are all grown now. I might add that on Mardi Gras we always go out together, both families, my other daughter and her husband and my other gd too. My two sons-in-law go out very early in the morning and get a good spot along the parade route, then we go out later. I usually go out to meet them around 8:00 a.m. and stay until about 2:00 p.m. I do this because I am usually tired by that time and want to get out and beat the traffic. I mentioned that I still enjoy it, but do agree that it was always more fun when the children were little. Then she said that's because you go out for a very short time and leave. I told her that it was not true, that approximately six hours for me was fine. She said that I did not stay out there but about an hour. I was so furious at her and an augument started and I hung up on her. It was such a stupid thing to get upset over, but I am one who cannot stand anyone telling me something that I know is untrue. I know it is hard to believe, but she and I have never had an augument. We have always been so very close and always going places together, quilt shows, craft shows, shopping, etc. I suppose thats because we have the same interests, she sews and is a quilter too. I don't think she knows that I am upset as she never called me back. After thinking on it, she had a very busy day with dental appoinments with both children, going to get a birth certificate for my gd for the cruise she is taking. My daughter also took my gd to get her driver's license today. No doubt she is very tired, and she also has jury duty tomorrow morning. I also have been feeling poorly due to a fall that stirred up old neck problems that has had me in pain for almost a month and taking therapy three times a week. My neck and the headaches are much better now, am thankful for that. I know that I am on edge and did not react properly. To get back to that funny story about the man and his keys, I was upset one minute and hearing that story made me laugh. Sorry, I have been so long winded, but it was good to talk with someone. Have a great evening.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:12 PM

That was soooo funny, thank you for sharing
Old 02-06-2012, 09:53 PM

Lightbulb Goofy day

I am senior and had a moment last week. I was on my way to a quilting event but had had nothing to eat so I went to McDonalds. I placed my order, paid at window #1 and drove to Walmarts to have a tire fixed. While there I realized I had forgotten to pick up my food at window #2 on my way out of McDonalds. This was the start of a very messed up day. However, I did call McDonalds and they said yes they had my order and when I went back to pick it up we all had a good laugh.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:38 AM

That could be me in a few years, I swear radiation fried some brain cells, don't have the memory i used too.