Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sensa

Has anyone out there tried the weight loss product called "Sensa"? If you have, how did it work for you?

i was wondering about it also

Curious about the answers.

Blog Entries
    This makes 4 of us who are curious.

OK, ladies........
    Most of you know I just finished Chemo and in remission,YEA!!
    I wanted to take it, gained ALOT of wt with chemo. I ask the Co. if they would send me what was in it so my Dr. could read it....they did and it is a bunch of herbs!!!!! He said there wasn't anything to hurt me but I would be wasting my money!!!!!!
    Guess I'll just be Fluffy.....LOL LOL LOL LOL

Quote Originally Posted by luv-e
    OK, ladies........
    I wanted to take it, gained ALOT of wt with chemo. I ask the Co. if they would send me what was in it so my Dr. could read it....they did and it is a bunch of herbs!!!!! He said there wasn't anything to hurt me but I would be wasting my money!!!!!!
    But if it just herbs that won't hurt you and you can lose weight with it, why not give it a try. I realize it is a bit expensive, but carrying around a lot of weight is not good either.

Blog Entries
    OK, ladies........
    I don't know anything about Sensa (haven't actually heard the name before) but I appreciate your term of being Fluffy... has a nicer ring to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine
    OK, ladies........
    But if it just herbs that won't hurt you and you can lose weight with it, why not give it a try. I realize it is a bit expensive, but carrying around a lot of weight is not good either.

Let us know if it works, Please......... Prove my Dr. wrong hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine
    Has anyone out there tried the weight loss product called "Sensa"? If you have, how did it work for you?
    There is no magic pill or secret to weight loss. Eat right, watch your calories and exercise. Spend your money on healthy food rather than some weight loss pill/product. Just my 2 cents worth.

Blog Entries
    Herbs aren't always just herbs... some can react with other "herbs," over the counter medications and prescriptions too. Check with your pharmicist to be on the safe side :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    My DH died 18 months ago and decided I no longer had any excuses left to keep eating the way we were. No kids to feed, no diabetic husband. No more excuses. I decided to only buy good healthy food like chicken, fish, veggies, few fruits. No chips, ice creams, etc. I have now lost 105# and feel wonderful and accomplished. No more BP or diabetes meds.

Quote Originally Posted by lindasidlow
    My DH died 18 months ago and decided I no longer had any excuses left to keep eating the way we were. No kids to feed, no diabetic husband. No more excuses. I decided to only buy good healthy food like chicken, fish, veggies, few fruits. No chips, ice creams, etc. I have now lost 105# and feel wonderful and accomplished. No more BP or diabetes meds.
    WOW! I am impressed! That's a lot of weight. I need to lose about that much but it doesn't seem to want to leave me. How long did it take you?

Blog Entries
    Took about 16 months and no exercise except for an occasional walk. Very low calories, no sugar, limit of 2 fruits a day, grilled meat, 2 servings of vegetables. When on a very low cal diet it is not a good idea to exercise alot.

My Dr advised me to not use herbal stuff for weight loss. For 1, you do not know if it will react in a bad way to any meds you may be on..... 2. Herbal stuff is not regulated so how do you REALLY know what is in it?.....3. How do ya know how old it is since it is not regulated or FDA approved. A healthy diet and maybe moving around or exercise is the way to go for a life style change. It has been proven that while taking things to help with weight loss, yoiu lose the weight. Stop taking it and you will usually gain it all back and then some. I need to lose 75 lbs badly and am going to cut out my sugar. Sweet foods are my downfall. Talk to your Dr before you take anything and get a good checkup.

{{{{{hugs }}}}} to you on your Wt.Loss!!!!!!!!!!!

My Dr. told me at my age, "Learn to love being fluffy."

Quote Originally Posted by Mellina
    My Dr. told me at my age, "Learn to love being fluffy."
    Oohhhh, I love your doctor!
    :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Wonderful. I am so happy for you. Thanks for the simple, sound advice! :-D

Congratulations. That is quite an accomplishment. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your husband.

I have noticed that I eat better when my husband is gone too.

Blog Entries
    I can't understand why a doctor would say that! You probably aren't very overweight I would guess. Aren't doctors supposed to be into helping us be healthy? My doctor has encouraged me and has been a cheerleader. She wants me to be healthy. So much crap happens when we get older and the body starts to break down! The healthier we can be will make this old age stuff easier.

My Dr. did not mean that in a negative way. I'm about 45-50 pounds overweight. He told me I could lose the weight with strict dieting but you will never lose the tire around the middle at my age-58. It is harder for the spare tire to go away even with excercising. He did say 30 minutes of simple walking would help so I do hit the treadmill as much as possible. But the tire is here to stay.

Blog Entries
    That seems to be so true about the spare tire! Even though I've lost a lot of weight, the middle is still there. My dr. said if I want to get rid of it I will need surgery. It is all flab! I keep eating low carbs since carbs is what causes belly fat, but I know mine is a lot of blubber!