Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-03-2011, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
MJ, you look good - much smaller in the rib area.

Animals are smarties. When we leaving to go walking, Lily looked at me and yodeled, not an excited one, but more the type that I get if I try to put Moira's harness on her. She did it again. I finally looked to see what she was seeing. I hadn't changed my shoes. My little nurse knew I needed to do that in order to walk as far as she wanted to go.

I have a prescription for a PSD, but I don't know which one I'd designate if I lived where I could only have one. Lily is a good caretaker, but Moira makes me laugh.

Here's Lilygirl. 56 pounds of Siberian/Shiba Inu. I tried to resize the picture, but it came back large. Sorry. She is a little more filled out now, but she looks the same. A pretty girl. Who put her in a dumpster when she a year old?

Oh, well, here's 'Ri baby, too. A very small 34 pound Border Collie/Lab. Such an imp.
Oh,what pretty girls you have.Funny they knew you had the wrong shoes on! But I believe it.Both my dog,and my cats can open a door,so we have to keep them locked now with a screen door latch.Smarties!
Old 09-03-2011, 10:06 PM

MJ, you look good - much smaller in the rib area.

Animals are smarties. When we leaving to go walking, Lily looked at me and yodeled, not an excited one, but more the type that I get if I try to put Moira's harness on her. She did it again. I finally looked to see what she was seeing. I hadn't changed my shoes. My little nurse knew I needed to do that in order to walk as far as she wanted to go.

I have a prescription for a PSD, but I don't know which one I'd designate if I lived where I could only have one. Lily is a good caretaker, but Moira makes me laugh.

Here's Lilygirl. 56 pounds of Siberian/Shiba Inu. I tried to resize the picture, but it came back large. Sorry. She is a little more filled out now, but she looks the same. A pretty girl. Who put her in a dumpster when she a year old?

Oh, well, here's 'Ri baby, too. A very small 34 pound Border Collie/Lab. Such an imp.
Forgot,Ya,I thought she looked smaller too.She looks good.MJ you look GOOD!
Old 09-03-2011, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Leann
Originally Posted by Xylie55
They have new snacks out now made up of sweet potatoes that are great.Look for snacks in the vegan area too that are natural and low to no fat.I am not a vegetarian,I love my steak too much.I snack on apples and vegies too.And cheese.I love cheese,sorry.And dill pickles,but watch if you can't have sodium.If you do the south beach diet,you can have UNLIMITED quantities of what the plan says you can eat.UNLIMITED!!But you can ONLY eat what's on for those phases that your in.Ok.I'm going to throw out a challenge this month,as I haven't done one AND need to.I'm doing a 5 pound challenge this month.I'm challenging all of you to a 5 pound loss.That's only 1.25 pounds a week.I didn't lose any last month,so need a challenge.If I got a goal,I work harder.So,lets do a 5 pound challenge,who's in?I'm in!Karen?how bout you?who else?
Xylie, count me in for your 5# challenge. My Sept starting weight is 138.8. I've lost 43# since March on the 17-day diet. My cholesterol levels became beautiful after just 30 days on the program. As Irish has said, the closer we get to our goal weight, the slower it comes off. I've been in a holding pattern for 2 months in the 137-140#s range. Twenty more pounds to lose.

(In fairness, I HAVE to lose this weight because my knees can't handle it. I don't like living in pain and I don't like having limited movement!)
OK! GOOD for you.We were the same awhile back.You've done well.How is your knee doing?Still hurting sounds like.Well,hopefully it will ease up some,with winter coming,I hope you don't get achy from the cold.I always hurt worse in Kansas than I do down here at Yuma.Dryer climate I guess.Ok,well hopefully our heat is about to ease up.It's still 113* here and 97* at 10pm.So H_O_T.I know when it cools off,I'll start doing more outside.Good luck!
Old 09-03-2011, 10:18 PM

BTW, watch those sweet potatoes snacks in the chip aisle. They're still fried and still about 140 calories a serving with at least 60 of those from fat. Who eats one serving? How many nutrients survive deep frying temps?

My all time favorite snack? A boiled egg. A Dove chocolate. 10 almonds (10 later) A T. of sliced green olives. Prevention magazine says you need olives or almonds or olive oil or dark chocolate every day to flatten your stomach. Can't stand olive oil, but love the others. Trouble is the pounds keep it pudgy, but at least not bloated. Oh, no high fructose corn syrup. That's a tough one to avoid. It's cheaper than sugar so it's in so many things.
Oh,I thought they baked the sweet potatoes.Or dehydrated them.I like your snacks better.I love boiled eggs and olives.esp in my potato salad!Yum!
Old 09-03-2011, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Originally Posted by Leann
Originally Posted by purplemem
Here is another member of my family,
MoMo

No, I didn't name him. My neighbor did, then dumped him on us. We love him.
MoMo likes to pose for the camera, doesn't he?

Does your brother live nearby?
MoMo hates the camera, he was actually laying on his belly and hiding from me in the submissive position. But he is such a pretty boy.

Yes, I am blessed to live by my brother, we live about 4 miles apart.

I am smaller, but the fluid keeps it from showing up. I now wear a size 24 comfortably, where before I was wearing a 28/30. I can really tell as my bra size is much smaller. My belly collects all the fluid and always looks huge.

My favorite snack is 1/2 cup cottage cheese mixed with 1/2 cup salsa, dip celery sticks and ENJOY EVERY CRUNCH.
Great and satisfying.
I knew it!you are smaller.Great!And I'm going to try your cottage cheese/salsa {my favorite} with celery sticks.Except celery does have salt in it they say naturally.Didn't know that before.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by amymarieski
Guess I'm going to have to figure out how to get the ticker automatically at the end of the message...
Oh it took me forever to figure it out.We go to the site,click on tools,click on ticker,pick your background color,pick your slider,etc,then when done click add to web site,"COPY" where it tells you, then {have another window open here on the board} go to "MY PROFILE" at the top of this page and click on it,then scroll down to where you "PASTE" that site,then it will be on your posts. Try this.I finely got mine on just last month.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H
I'll join in on the 5 lb challenge. I certainly need to do something!
Great! more the merrier.!I am really going to try my hardest this month to break my stale mate.I have no excuses now.I have everything I need to do it except cool weather,but hey,there's always going to be something,so I might as well get use to it and plod on.Good luck and by gosh,lets do it this month.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:43 PM

Well it's almost Sunday and this is the first chance I've had to check in.
Just caught up on all the posts and you are a chatty bunch. I love it. Xylie I'm up for a good challenge may be just what I need.
Snacks that I like are fresh fruit of all kinds in small portions of course and celery with peanut butter, cheese, nuts, popcorn and dark chocolate
I also like cucumbers in a sour cream dressing made with rice wine salt and pepper.
Love the pics of the four legged people, they are so adorable. Our Jasper is a Sheltie and a handsome boy. I don't have any pics to post right now but I need to get some loaded into the computer so I can show you what a ham he is.
All that are in the storm area be safe and keep to the high ground.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Night
Gail
I am in control and losing.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:44 PM

Well it's almost Sunday and this is the first chance I've had to check in.
Just caught up on all the posts and you are a chatty bunch. I love it. Xylie I'm up for a good challenge may be just what I need.
Snacks that I like are fresh fruit of all kinds in small portions of course and celery with peanut butter, cheese, nuts, popcorn and dark chocolate
I also like cucumbers in a sour cream dressing made with rice wine salt and pepper.
Love the pics of the four legged people, they are so adorable. Our Jasper is a Sheltie and a handsome boy. I don't have any pics to post right now but I need to get some loaded into the computer so I can show you what a ham he is.
All that are in the storm area be safe and keep to the high ground.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Night
Gail
I am in control and losing.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
xylie-- you are losing it, gurl! you already challenged me and i accepted 5 lbs. you know i'm on that train!! i am stuck at the moment as my back is very bad right now.( whining) i'm not sure what i did but between that and the fibro i'm sidelined as far as activity goes. i still get up, but a turtle would beat me across the road! and i'm bloated . and probably my feet stink. catch me before i slip deeper into this swamp! lol seriously, my weight is steady but my fat pants are not falling off. bloated? but i am still accepting your challenge, and i am going to meet it! and if possible, beat it! yeah! come on tigers! join us! it's more fun for alot of us to try to beat the pants (literally) offa someone else!
now i'm going back to sleep. thank you pharmaceuticals!
good night, everyone! see you tomorrow. all in our places, with thin shiny faces! teeheehee!
Oh you poor girl.Last month Irishrose was the bloated one,this month it's you.Well I hope you can get it off.I hate being bloated and puffy.I even feel fat in the face if I do it.Well get lots of rest.Your back problems doesn't help either.I got a bad back too.Nothing worse!I swear!I hope you get lots off this month too.I dug around in the old fridg to see how or if I even had any spirutien,and found 2 vanilla,and 1 strawberry in the 2.4 pounders,so am looking good.That stuff will get water off quickly,it has spirulina in it too.Very good and healthy stuff in it.Get a can and take it 2 X a day then a meal.You'll not only lose lots of weight,but get all that bloated water off and will feel 100 X better!Just FYI> I hope you get to feeling better.I'll for sure pray for you tonight,and the rest of this week.Good luck...I am losing weight,I am in control,it's what I don't eat that is my diet!!!!!!