Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

• Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-25-2011, 07:09 PM

I finally had a good day of eating although I will probably be up for a couple of hours yet and I am hungry. I could still eat 200 calories so I guess a snack is in order.
    I talked to Kelsey tonight on skype. She is doing amazingly well. She spent saturday night at a monestary with a couple of friends. I think it helped her to deal with the attack. She will be home in 12 days!
    Old 09-26-2011, 04:24 AM

Happy Monday morning everyone.

Sunday was really bad for me food wise. I followed my menu for breakfast and 8p.m. snack - the rest of the day was a disaster. I'm not going to let it get me down or I'll spend the next week being depressed and eating out of control. I'm going to jump right back in there and follow my menu today. Monday is also a water aerobics day so I plan to go exercise in the water.

Judy - That was a very interesting artical. I'm going to start to cut myself back on the amount of artificial sweetners that I use. I know I won't be able to quit all at once but as with all my food problems it's one day at a time.

Sweets is what does it for me. I can't have them in the house or I'll get into them. It's been a real challenge having DGS living with us because he buys sweets and brings them into the house. He was better when he saw the trouble it was causing me - he kept them in his bedroom instead of on the kitchen counter.

Went to see the movie The Help yesterday - I highly recommend it.

Well I have a chiropracter appt in 30 minutes so I better get going.

Have a good day everyone!

God Bless, One Day At a Time!

I can do this!
    Old 09-26-2011, 04:36 AM

PAM H
    I have a daughter that is also 25 and named Kelsey. I am so glad your Kelsey is handling it well. trauma is a odd thing everyone handles it differently. Hope the days pass quickly, until she is home.
    Lisa
    Old 09-26-2011, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317
    PAM H
    I have a daughter that is also 25 and named Kelsey. I am so glad your Kelsey is handling it well. trauma is a odd thing everyone handles it differently. Hope the days pass quickly, until she is home.
    Lisa
    Oh wow. My 20 yr old daughter is also Kelsey. She is in the army and currently deployed to Afghanistan. I hope 12 days passes in a flash!

Missy
    Old 09-26-2011, 10:30 AM

Jeanne, yesterday is long gone and today is a new day. I think you should plan on splurging on Sunday and eating lightly on Monday. I do that when I'm not trying to lose weight, just maintain my weight. That way you won't feel the guilt you're feeling now. Unless the splurge messes with your blood sugar, but that's a different story. My hypoglycemic children can have sugar as long as they have food with it. D's cookies were made with brown sugar because I think it tastes sweeter with a smaller amount and half whole wheat flour for the extra protein. On one of his birthdays I started to make regular PB cookies for his class. He had make his. He felt if they better for him, then they would better for everyone. There were no complaints.

My weight is slithering up again. I don't know why. My food is good and I walked 4 1/2 miles yesterday - in two outings. One foot is a little sore today so I won't do that again - at least until next year's Crop Walk.

I melted the batting on my quilt last night. I've pressed polyester batting in the past, but I goofed on this one. Oh, well, it's only the outside edge. The Hobbs Poly down does quilt up nicely. Now to decide on a binding. I have never matched my binding to the outside border, but it's a narrow border and contrasting seems like too much, so it may have to be a matching one. Any ideas?

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Old 09-26-2011, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Jeanne, yesterday is long gone and today is a new day. I think you should plan on splurging on Sunday and eating lightly on Monday. I do that when I'm not trying to lose weight, just maintain my weight. That way you won't feel the guilt you're feeling now. Unless the splurge messes with your blood sugar, but that's a different story. My hypoglycemic children can have sugar as long as they have food with it. D's cookies were made with brown sugar because I think it tastes sweeter with a smaller amount and half whole wheat flour for the extra protein. On one of his birthdays I started to make regular PB cookies for his class. He had make his. He felt if they better for him, then they would better for everyone. There were no complaints.

My weight is slithering up again. I don't know why. My food is good and I walked 4 1/2 miles yesterday - in two outings. One foot is a little sore today so I won't do that again - at least until next year's Crop Walk.

I melted the batting on my quilt last night. I've pressed polyester batting in the past, but I goofed on this one. Oh, well, it's only the outside edge. The Hobbs Poly down does quilt up nicely. Now to decide on a binding. I have never matched my binding to the outside border, but it's a narrow border and contrasting seems like too much, so it may have to be a matching one. Any ideas?

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Could you be gaining muscle mass instead? With you exercising so much that would be my first guess.

Missy
    Old 09-26-2011, 11:18 AM

That would be a nice thought. I do not have a body type that builds much muscle. It's about size for me anyway. When my smallest pants fit, I'm done. I know my lower abdomen won't fit in there now. I may get them on, but fit to me pockets means laying flat and fabric not stretched. Nothing to do but keep on keepin'on. I've never been a quitter.
    Old 09-26-2011, 11:50 AM

jeanne-- sunday? what sunday? i don't need no stinkin' sunday! (what movie is that?) lol i like judy's idea, just plan for monday to cover sunday's 'indiscretions'. then it's all good!
    judy-- i had the same thought as missy. but, hey, it could be water?!
    for a real treat today, go to wimp.com/babymoose then click on babymoose video. enjoy!!
    mj--hope all is going well at the dr's.
    everyone-- please hold create4paws in your thoughts and hearts today as she is having her surgery. i like to add a little prayer that the surgeon's hands will be steadied and guided by God.
    hope everyone is having a fulfilling day and eating wisely and well. peace! nancia
    Old 09-26-2011, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
    jeanne-- sunday? what sunday? i don't need no stinkin' sunday! (what movie is that?) lol i like judy's idea, just plan for monday to cover sunday's 'indiscretions'. then it's all good!
    judy-- i had the same thought as missy. but, hey, it could be water?!
    for a real treat today, go to wimp.com/babymoose then click on babymoose video. enjoy!!
    mj--hope all is going well at the dr's.
    everyone-- please hold create4paws in your thoughts and hearts today as she is having her surgery. i like to add a little prayer that the surgeon's hands will be steadied and guided by God.
    hope everyone is having a fulfilling day and eating wisely and well. peace! nancia
    Prayers are constant for her and the surgeon! I hope she recovers well and soon.

I am doing well food-wise. I am finding that my band is super tight in the morning. But, I am struggling with remembering that! So, when I sit down for breakfast and take that first bite I am finding that I have a ton of pain. Most of the time the food is not so much stuck as there is air in there that wants out. SO, I keep eating thinking that a few more bites will help the first bite or drink to go down. No way is that happening! Ugh. So, off to the bathroom to get rid of what I just ate. Then after I do that things are fine. They are fine because I am either remember to take a tinier bite or because the band is a bit looser. Either way, breakfast is not so much fun.

I hope this wasn't too graphic but it is my reality and maybe there is someone thinking of having the surgery and might benefit from the "wisdom" of someone who already has the band. *shakes head*

Oh well.

Oh I forgot to mention that I am still praying for everyone else and MJ too!

Love y'all!!

Missy
    Old 09-26-2011, 12:08 PM

missy-- would sips of warm water help first thing? or maybe a tums? sounds like a rough way to start the day! hope it eases up in time.