Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!! >

Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

Old 09-23-2013, 07:51 AM

Good day ladies. Irishrose is right the melatonin is a great sleep aid.

Busy weekend and was good. I did pull a late night on Friday and finished up a customer quilt I had procrastinated on and then my whole cloth. The whole cloth was not perfect, but got it done in time for the meeting as planned. I did not think i would get picked when I started it, but said I would join in the fun and that was the goal. I can at least say I did it right?
Made tomato soup again on Saturday, another seven quarts just out of the cherry tomatoes that was picked. Those couple of plants are producing like crazy. the weather has changed here as well and getting cooler so watchng closly so I don't loose my tomatoes. Picked all the peppers, boy are they hot. Debating what to do with those. they do taste good in the salsa and tomato soup. Will have to do some garden cleaning up this coming weekend. I do have four more customer quilts that are custom quilting to do and my quilt show entries, two of them, to finish up. Still busy.
I have not weighed myself. i did not eat bad this last week, but did have a couple glasses of wine which does not help for weight loss.
I have lots to get done at the office today so chat later gals.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:00 AM

It's been a busy time for me and stressful. Work layed off 11 staff members last week and 3 were from my department. Kind of quiet with them gone. I bought fresh picked apples. I love this time of years with the leaves changing. I feel energized to clean house and start baking again for the boys. Not quite to my goal for the month but I've still got a few days. Although I'll miss my best friend in the office, I eat better without her. Started my table runner class last Wednesday and need to finish my blocks tonight for tomorrows class. The bone healed in my elbow but the tendons are giving me fits. Another week and I hope to see improvement, I don't want to have to go back to the doctor's. A full day of data entry isn't helping any.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:31 AM

I bought a bag of apples too. I live just a few miles from several orchards so this is a great time of year. Now I have a sweet little snack ready at all times.
My sweet Allie is 7 months old today. Time flies. She is taking a nap - on her tummy! I know this is not allowed these days but she doesn't take good naps on her back so I'm giving this a try.
Countrymaid, glad to hear your shoulder is healing. Now to get those ligaments healed.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:34 AM

The last 2 days have been Horrible!!!! I was real emotional Sunday at church. I did not sleep well Saturday night and every time some one hugged me or asked how my mom was doing I started crying.
It was DH's birthday Sunday. Our oldest daughter had us and her sister and DH and her in-laws over for our "Birthday Dinners" They announced to us that we are going to be grandparents again. That was wonderful.
But...... I'm sure that most of you heard about the Navy Helicopter going down in the Red Sea. That is my son's squadron. He is a rescue swimmer/door gunner on those helicopter's. We still have not heard from him, but the news said that the next of kin of the two that died have been notified. Well, no one has notified us. Let me tell you, we hurried home from dinner on Sunday and sat here waiting....... Every time we heard a car door I held my breath. I was shaking for a couple of hours and could not stop. Yesterday we stayed home all day.... just in case someone came by. Praise God, no one came calling for that reason. I did have a friend stop by yesterday morning and my husband about had a heart attack. We did get 2 calls that someone tried to call us but they did not come through. DH's cell phone died on Sunday and so our son may have tried to call the house or the cell but we did not get any message. I am still checking constantly to see if he has sent an e-mail, but nothing yet. Hopefully Jim will get his phone figured out (our son called us back on Jim's cell when he got the news from the Red Cross about his grandfather passing) I just want to hear from him!!!!
Ok, sorry this is making my cry again. I pray that all of you have had a much better couple of days.
We are certainly very excited about another Grand, I just want to hear from my son again.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 09-24-2013, 11:25 AM

Good afternoon ladies,

Prayers going out to those who need them.

Gayle, I pray you hear from your son very soon.

I am trying not to stress eat these days, my life over the next few months are going to get very crazy. mom will be having some neck and back surgery. Since I am her primary care giver as her husband is not doing well either. If I am slow to respond to any one, send me a PM and I will respond. If anyone wants my cell phone number, I will be happy to share that with you.

When she is in the hospital, I will take some healthy snacks for me to snack on and figure out what to do for meals. She will not stay there overnight alone, I will stay with her and of course I may not get much sleep during this time.

Remember to drink your water, make wise choices and get whatever exercise you can.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:59 AM

Gayle, my heart goes out to you. I am praying your phone rings and it's the voice you want to hear. The saying is that 'No news is good news'. Hang onto that. The fact that we are so proud of our offspring serving their country doesn't stop us from being concerned. {{{{Hugs}}}} for you and your family.

Cindy - the hospital I recently hung out for 11 days had very healthy food available and always ice water. The nurses offered it to me constantly, but I preferred to go down to the cafeteria to get it just to move around a bit. Take care of your mother and we'll take care of each other.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:12 PM

JuneBillie, thanks. I had started feeling better but this afternoon feel worse. I'm going to try and get to bed early tonight even though my insomnia has been worse lately. This afternoon I just felt like I wasn't going to make it through the day. My appetite has decreased but I'm certainly eating the wrong things. I don't have the energy to grocery shop and cook. My kids went to Subway over the weekend and there were leftovers. I had half a meatball sub for lunch today. It was there, and easy to heat up.

On a positive note, my mom had post surgery follow up appointment and the results of her lab work were very good! She can start the short treatment radiology in mid-October! She has a very good prognosis (breast cancer) but, of course, it's still stressful. Time off work, waiting in doctor's offices, etc. She is an active 80 year old.

Prayers and good wishes to all those that are having such a difficult time. And kudos to those of you that are losing!.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:55 AM

I've lost 1.2 more lbs. Now I'm down 44 lbs. since Jan. My husband's niece is in the hospital. I spent the night with her. She keeps passing out and has a terrible headache. They are running all kinds of test today. I just came home for a while to get some sleep. My mom is staying with her until I get back. They have an MRI scheduled for later today. She's 45 years old, single and has 3 grown children. Please keep her in your prayers. Thanks everyone.
Debbie
Old 09-25-2013, 02:58 PM

I've been having trouble with sleep too. No problems falling asleep. I stay up until I am dead tired, wake up 5 or 6 hours later and can't go back to sleep. Last night I took melatonin. I woke up when hubby got up to use bathroom and then again when he turned on closet light early this morning. I think I know what my main problem is. LOL I did go back to sleep this morning though so that is good. I'll keep taking the melatonin for a while and see if things improve.
Sorry to hear about your niece, teddybear lady, but great job on the weight loss. You are an inspiration!
Old 09-25-2013, 03:32 PM

Since when do you not let babies sleep on their bellies. If that be the case, I should not be here nor any of my children. I only have one that sleeps on her back, the rest are side/belly sleepers. Always thought that was what you did incase they spit up and then did not choke.
Am saying prayers as I read each one of these issues. Oh my goodness, many prayers being offered up on your behalves.