Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!! >

Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

Old 09-20-2013, 09:59 AM

Happy Birthday Jim's Gem. Have a great day at the quilt shop, even if you buy a fat quarter, you are still giving yourself that treat. I would buy 8 so you can make a project with them. Here is a big hug to you for your special day.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:18 PM

Happy Birthday, Gayle. Sometimes just a trip to the quilt shop to admire all the fabrics is enough. I have been staying out of mine trying to use up some stash - then life gets in the way and no sewing so gets done so I'm not ahead of the game, but at least I'm not behind.

My house needs some work on it and have been considering the possibility of moving. So far nothing has caught my eye. I'd like to rent so someone else foots the repair bills but anything in my price range is too small. I shouldn't need too much space but I do. I'm guessing I will be staying here and putting on a new roof and recarpeting.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:10 PM

Happy Birthday, Gayle!! I hope you had a great day. Did you get any new pretty fabric?
Old 09-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Power Poster

Happy Birthday Jim's Gem. I hope you had a wonderful day. I am working on every ounce I lose. I stay up late, due to insomnia, but I have still managed to be good. I hope that continues. I am easy to hold water, so I never know for a bit exactly what I have lost. I have always held some water due to my hypothyroid. I have had that most of my life, along with polycystic ovarian disease which both make it harder, but not impossible to lose weight. I really wanted a big bowl of vanilla ice cream today, but didn't have it. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:44 AM

Happy Birthday Gayle. It has been a tough month for you. Do something for yourself. It doesn't always have to cost money. Sometimes I just enjoy some time alone in a bubble bath or time with some friends. Go play with the fabric at the LQS and just buy 1 or 2 FQ. I don't need any fabric either.
I signed up for a class yesterday at the LQS. It is making miniature paper pieced blocks. He is supposed to have an easier way to paper piece. It looks interesting and I like a lot of the people in the class. It should be a lot of fun.
I guess I won't have my baby quilt finished for the shower tomorrow. It is layered and the label is made. It still needs to be quilted and bound. I am going grocery shopping for the food for the shower, then spending the rest of the day in my sewing room. The shower is at my SIL house. My sister is supposed to be helping too. Ha! neither one is doing anything. My DS is making punch. SIL is providing the house and one dish. I am doing the games and the rest of the food etc. Not sure what is going on as neither have communicated much. I guess we are going to wing it for the whole shower. Hope it comes out ok.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:15 AM

Happy Birthday (late) Gayle, hope it was good. 53 is a good age. Enjoy it.
Irish, my FQ was for the next 3 months, not late. First time I've been this early, though.
My weight is continuing down. I know there's lots out there that I can't eat anymore, but it doesn't make me lose any sleep over missing it. Guess I finally got my head swiveled in the right direction!!

We are leaving tomorrow morning for Georgia where I will be visiting with my sister and on Tuesday, I will be delivering a talk to a quilt group on Quilts of Valor, their history, etc. i'll also show some of our group quilts that will be delivered to veterans in November at a special Veteran's Day service in Jefferson City, TN. I'm pretty amped about giving the talk, I am not afraid of speaking in public (in case you haven't noticed here!) and I'm really 'into' my subject - quilts of valor. I think it will be fun.

And that brings me to my next point - I will be gone for the week and will not have access to a computer to give us our Terrific/Taboo Tuesday - SOOOO... this came as a suggestion from Pam - how about everyone for this next week, chime in with a hint of their own for the common good? Post your hint starting on Monday evening - mark it Terrific or Taboo and let's see how many different ones we come up with...

More when I return - and I WILL EAT HEALTHY while I am gone.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:48 AM

Thank you for the birthday wishes. Did not make it to the quilt shop yesterday but I am picking up 2 friends in about 45 minutes and heading up there.
I got my hair done. Last night I sewed with several of my friends. DH helped me set up then ran out and bought a carrot cake (my favorite) and came in and everyone sang to me. Of course I had to eat a piece. Of course there are 4 pieces left and they came home with us........
It was good to sew some last night. I used my old machine, my Bernina is just making me depressed.....
Maybe I will get some more sewing in later this afternoon.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 09-22-2013, 05:07 AM

My insomnia is coming back and I've been sick for a couple of days. I was up iin the middle of the night last night but only had a glass of water and a cup of tea. At least I didn't start eating - which is an old habit of mine.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Power Poster

I hope you feel better soon Cindy. I have the insomnia too.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:24 PM

Insomnia? If you are over 40 and I think most of us are, try 3 mg melatonin a half hour before bedtime. If you have trouble staying asleep, then add valerian, but be forewarmed it a smelly supplement. Sleep is one thing I do well and I'm sure these two help a lot.

Brr. It's 48 degrees out and damp and cloudy. Didn't make the CROP walk enjoyable in that respect. Brr. I don't take the dogs because one can be reactive so I still have to walk Lily and Moira after I warm up.

No planned food today and I'm drawing a blank on what sounds good. That's dangerous as far as weight loss goes.