Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!! >

Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

Old 09-14-2013, 12:44 PM

That's quite an accomplishment, Teddybear Lady. Buffets offer so much temptation to most of us. Not so much me because of my food restrictions. If I don't know what's in it, then I don't eat it. Soup for supper here - steak, cabbage, summer squash, onions, tomatoes etc. It was good yesterday and should be even better today. No ice cream in the house. Greek yogurt with fresh fruit and nuts will do for later.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:14 AM

Having a nice relaxing weekend. It has cooled off here a lot. Only 50 degrees this morning. We will probably go for a short boat ride and then clean up and pack up and leave. We all went out to dinner last night at a restaurant way up on the top of a mountain. The view was awesome. You could see the mountains at least 50 miles away. THe food was good too. I had filet mignon. I went out in the kayak again yesterday for about a mile. I probably didn't loose this weekend but I didn't gain.
Praying for everyones family and health issues.
Pat
Old 09-15-2013, 08:43 AM

Teddybear Lady....you had a major win with your meal. I am doing much better in my eating as well. I no longer keep eating to clean the plate off. I stop when I feel full and this has been working for me.

I am drinking more water and eating more of my protein, fruits and vegies....miminizing the carbs in my diet. Tonhis has been working for me and now I need to increase my activity. I look forward to the day when we are cool enough for me to be outside for work outs.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:20 AM

Reporting in this week, last month did not loose, gained actually, there I confessed. Acknowledged that I am a stress eater for sure and the licorice was so good along with the carmel popcorn, and etc.
I am now down four pounds to say an accomplishment. I have been onto the garden foods and the candy is gone from the office. I am eating up a bit of the carmel popcorn which is almost gone. Stress has gone down since I finished everyone's quilts for the fairs they wanted to enter them into. I did have one person get a special merit on her quilt, exciting. A few firsts for some as well. That makes me feel good.
Did lots of canning this last weekend. Trying to make up some soups for the daughter when she heads back to college. Made homemade tomatoe soup and put in some zucchini in it and boy was it good. Low calorie and healthy, that is the way to go.
Good job on the accomplishments and I know you can meet that goal of only 15 more pounds. We are cheering you on for sure.
Get well Irishrose.
I hope all goes well for your mom createfourpaws. Always a tough one when the neck is not in order.
Have a great day ladies.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:34 AM

I was down 1.2 lbs. today at my weigh in. Making the right choices Sat. at the family reunion paid off. Thanks everyone for your encouraging words. They really help.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:08 PM

I'm afraid to step on the scale. I went on a 2 day Anita Gooddesign program and they provided box lunches and snacks. Morning snack was danish pastries, muffins, and cin rolls.What lunches!!!! We had fantastic choices of ultra rich sandwiches (example one was pork roast with smoked gouda and apple slices on rosemary bread), pasta salad, fruit salad, chips and a decadent choc chip cookie. Afternon snack was - you guesed it - chocolate! Oh, yes, the program was fantastic! Really inspired me to learn my machine and computer.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:25 AM

Terrific Tuesday - found a neat listing of words and what they mean - big help - Manufacturers are being held accountable for those claims they make on their food labels. Here's what they have to mean:
Low calorie - 40 calories or fewer per serving
Light or Lite - 1/2 fewer calories or 50% less fat than regular version
Fat Free - less than 0.5 gram of fat per serving
Low Fat - 3 grams or less of fat per serving
Low Cholesterol - 20 milligrams or fewer per serving
Lean - fewer than 10 grams total fat, 4 grams saturated fat, and 95 milligrams cholesterol per serving
Extra Lean - fewer than 5 grams total fat, 2 grams saturated fat and 95 milligrams cholesterol per serving

Eat healthy and stay hydrated...
Old 09-17-2013, 07:01 AM

You got better lunches than we did at our Anita Goodesign classes. What breakfast/snack? Not on our plates. Oh well, I brought cherry tomatoes and cucumbers so would have something healthy to snack on. I still would have loved to have that danish pastry though. LOL.
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I'm afraid to step on the scale. I went on a 2 day Anita Gooddesign program and they provided box lunches and snacks. Morning snack was danish pastries, muffins, and cin rolls.What lunches!!!! We had fantastic choices of ultra rich sandwiches (example one was pork roast with smoked gouda and apple slices on rosemary bread), pasta salad, fruit salad, chips and a decadent choc chip cookie. Afternon snack was - you guesed it - chocolate! Oh, yes, the program was fantastic! Really inspired me to learn my machine and computer.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I have been to several of the Anita Goodesign workshops. They are lots of fun and you learn alot. Of course they want you to spend lots of money too.

They are almost never very healthy with their food choices, some are. I am not very pleased with some of the latest stuff they have come out with but keep looking at them. I have a lot of their older designs.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:41 AM

Vanogay....received you FQ's the other day, forgot to post. Sorry.