Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!! >

Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

Old 09-02-2013, 05:11 AM

I am not going to try for the prize this month but I will follow with support if anyone needs it.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:31 AM

craftygater.....all support is needed for everyone including yourself. Keep up your good work.

Woke up to thunderstorms this morning. Maybe, maybe it won't be so hot today. For the last week it has been over 100 and as high as 106. Not good when you have a lung condition that makes it harder to breath.

Well I am making some potato soup in the crockpot today and then some banana bread. have several projects I need to get going on and finish up.

Remember to choice wise, eat smart and if you do over do don't beat yourself up. Tomorrow is a new day and so is the next meal. Drink your water stay hydrated.

Prayers to all who are in need. You ladies have a special spot in my heart. I have enjoyed our time in this grand adventure we call weight loss.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:50 AM

Count me in. I'm determined to make progress.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:52 AM

ladies....I am getting so close to being back in the hundreds........instead of the 200's. only 2 pounds to go before I get there. I am hopeful for this month to get back there.

Keep up all your determination and you will win. I am going to look for an eliplical machine for the house. I have a hard time getting to the gym with my work hours. I have a perfect spot for it with just a little rearranging.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:45 AM

Be careful Cindy with that machine. With only one lung, you don't need to overdo anything. Of course, that being said, I'm sure you have discussed this with your doctor.....
Eat well everyone, enjoy the picnics and bar-b-ques of the weekend and watch those desserts. Shall we start our month off tomorrow with a Terriffic Tuesday or a Taboo Tuesday???
Old 09-02-2013, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
Be careful Cindy with that machine. With only one lung, you don't need to overdo anything. Of course, that being said, I'm sure you have discussed this with your doctor.....
Eat well everyone, enjoy the picnics and bar-b-ques of the weekend and watch those desserts. Shall we start our month off tomorrow with a Terriffic Tuesday or a Taboo Tuesday???

That is the one machine I can do without much problems. It was the one I did the best with when I went through pulmonary rehab. I just need to find one I can afford that won't break my budget all to hell.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:05 AM

I am in. I will send the fabric Tuesday.

I had to bow out in August. Dh had a workplace accident and broke his shoulder in 4 places. I am a stress eater and did not want to beat myself up over eating french fries when I was worrying about him and the mortgage payment. We are still waiting for his first WCB payment.

I have not eaten a bag of potato chips since August 11. Now I need to work on avoiding french fries, which I can do as long as I do not go to restaurants. I never cook them at home.

So on a positive note going by the way my clothes fit I have not gained any weight in August. I work in a medical building and will weigh in on Tuesday on the accurate scale.

My short term goal is to be under 200 by December 31, about a pound a week of loss. My long term goal is to be down 50 pounds by May 2016 in time for my 50th birthday.

Dinner tonight will be lots of vegies, lean pork and new potatoes. We do not usually have dessert.

Good luck everyone.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:22 AM

ladies, I know some of you are thinking about what will the next 3 months be. I am going to do something I ususally don't do this early.

Well here is what the themes will be for the remainder of the year:

October is senders choice
November will be blue/white
December will be batiks again.

Remember even if you send your FQ early, you will still have to sign up each month on the new thread.

Good luck everyone and I love reading the comments and encouraging words from everyone.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:41 AM

Cindy, you have my FQ for Sept so here I am. I'm a bit down,was hoping to be below 200 by my BD but 10# in 6 weeks means I really have to make better choices. I already knew it, but have again discovered that I am a stress eater. I really need to add more exercise to my days, wish I had an exercise buddy!
Prayers for everybody....whether you need or not, so there
Old 09-02-2013, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Shadowirish View Post
Cindy, you have my FQ for Sept so here I am. I'm a bit down,was hoping to be below 200 by my BD but 10# in 6 weeks means I really have to make better choices. I already knew it, but have again discovered that I am a stress eater. I really need to add more exercise to my days, wish I had an exercise buddy!
Prayers for everybody....whether you need or not, so there
It is possible, you would need to lose 2 lbs a week so yes you have to watch what you do and add more movement.

Good luck