Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!! >

Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

Old 09-02-2013, 10:22 AM

Mary, I need an exercise buddy also. Too bad you are so far away.
Cindy, thanks for the heads up for what we need to send next.
Hubby and I are taking out one of my flower beds this weekend. It just needs a little more work and then will be ready for grass seed. Since I started quilting I have lost all interest in gardening. Next spring I plan to take out my backyard gardens. That will really be a job. There are pathways with pavers and pea gravel that will have to be removed. Right now my gardens are survival of the fittest.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:43 AM

I am in again.
Did not do so well last month. Maybe I will do better in September. But it is birthday month for us so.......

The stress with my dad has me eating stuff I know I should not eat. Need to get away from that. I was down there 3 days last week and going back tomorrow for a day and a half.
DH and I are going up to Lake Tahoe on Friday for a week of vacation at the timeshare that my parents owned. We will try and cook most of our foods but since it is only a partial kitchen with no stove or oven it will be tough.
Dad is going down hill more each day. It is sad to watch.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 02:06 PM

Cindy check craigslist for an elliptical. I got mine on there It is a $1500 elliptical that was still in the box. I paid $300. She had it for a year and still hadn't opened the box so she decided to sell it. They are really heavy. Try to get the best you can afford. If it is cheap and flimsy it doesn't run as smoothly. I love mine. I have mine in front of a tv so I have that to distract me. I prefer spinning class to the elliptical, but the elliptical is my second choice.
Oh batiks again! Yummy! I have plans for my batiks but now I need to get the time. I have 12 doll quilts to quilt and bind by Sept 11. 4 are quilted. I have a baby quilt I have been commisioned to make. I have it ready to quilt, I just need to figure out how to quilt it. I told her hopefully at the end of Sept. I have another baby quilt I need to have finished by Sept 22 for my niece. I need to make 2 more blocks then assemble and quilt it. I was planning on 2 quilts and a bag as Christmas gifts. They may get UFO"S.I have decided I need to quit my job so I can quilt. ( wouldn't that be great) I have to work for out family health insurance.
Yes Gayle the stress of our aging parents is tuff. I just lost my dad. Mom is doing well but needs help with things. SHe is still able to drive etc but needs help with house things. I do the easier fix it things and my brother does the more difficult ones.
Tomorrow is the first day of school with kids. It should be a better year than last year. Hopefully with that stress gone I can quit my stress eating. Exercise helps a lot with stress. I can go to class really stressed out and leave with the stress gone.
Prayers for all. Healthy eating. Get lots of water and exercise.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Power Poster

I will get my fabric off Tuesday. I ate better today, but it has been hard for me. I have not been feeling well, and will be going to the Pulmonologist this Friday so I hope I find out something. Say a prayer for me if so inclined. Also, I am going with my dad tomorrow who is going to have a bone scan. He first has to take the injection, and 3 hours later when it has got into his system he will have the x-rays. He turns 81 this month. I wish I could exercise more, but have such low energy with my lupus, sjogren's , and fibromyalgia. I will be attempting to paint some on my front porch when it gets a bit cooler. I will be taking lots of breaks so I hope I can get it done. It is something I want to do to feel better about myself even if I do some of it sitting in a chair at times. I am going to get me one of those long handles for the roller. lol... Have a good week everyone.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:59 AM

I am in for Sept.

JuneBillie, since we have lupus and fibro together, we can paint our porches together. That's on my list for Sept, too. First, I need to work inside a bit. The past few weeks haven't been conducive to doing any housework. I also want that quilt I agreed to expand off the machine so I can do something fun. Prayers are being sent up for you and your father.

Floral for Sept? Which one can I part with?

My goal for today is to stop eating ice cream. When we going through pictures, we found a cute one of me curled up on my husband's lap eating ice cream. I swear it set off an ice cream eating binge, so just for today, I will eat none. Tomorrow I will add another 'just for today'. I think it will be that kind of month for me.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:57 PM

Hello ladies, here I am. Please put me down for September. I know I am going to do better. talk soon again, very busy yet. Have lots of office work (for job) to do and then a short week on top of it for me. Have my fair entries in though so off to a great start.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:53 PM

Our August winner with 9 lbs down is craftygater.... Congrats to you on your loss.

you beat me by 1 lb. I was down 8 lbs.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Power Poster

Congratulations to craftygater. Also to you too Cindy.

irishrose eating ice cream is something so easy for me to do, because nothing helps me to feel cool inside like ice cream. I get a lot of those sudden feverish feelings. Thanks for the prayers. I hope we both have the strength to get our painting done. (we can hope)
Old 09-03-2013, 06:40 PM

Congrats on the great losses you two!!
I have to tell you about my fun evening. I have gone to a benefit for a local charity for 7 years in a row. I had won 2 things over those years. Last year some things happened and I decided I wasn't going this year. Well, a friend who had a ticket couldn't go so she gave it to me. That saved me $40 right there. My number was drawn 5 times tonight!! Some of the stuff I won't use but I got a $50 gift certificate for a pedicure and a $100 gift certificate for shoes. There are also 2 scarves that are really nice. Tonight made up for all the other years.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:51 PM

Awesome job Craftygater and Cindy. WOW! Hopefully I am back on track. It is sometimes easier at work because I can't grab a snack anytime I want. So far I love, Love my new position at school. So much less stress. I will be busy but it should be so much better. Hopefully this will help with stress eating. There were donuts at school today and I walked right past them. Also the local ice cream place (Graeters) Had blueberry cheesecake ice cream cones today. I convinced my car to go right past:-) As soon as dinner settles in my stomach I plan on jumping on the elliptical for a few minutes.