Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Severe Storms and Tornadoes are Here Tonite!! >

Severe Storms and Tornadoes are Here Tonite!!

Severe Storms and Tornadoes are Here Tonite!!

Old 05-01-2010, 12:03 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Take care and weather the storm.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:59 AM
Banned

The bad weather came thru sw Ar last night. We had one tornado warning in the area but no damage that I know of. Thank God!!!! :thumbup:
Old 05-01-2010, 02:48 AM
Banned

Well its 5:45am and we have not slept a wink. The Civil Defense sirens have been going off since around 3am and finally shut off about 5 and talk about RAIN!!!

It is coming down so hard right now it sounds like I have a jet on top of my house! And normally you can not hear the rain ay all in here. We had some pretty good sized hail for a bit before the hard rain but it has been the neatest lightning show!!

Billy
Old 05-01-2010, 03:37 AM

Billy, it ids 7:30 AM here in Lexington,KY and thunderstorms passed through starting about 5:00. NOw it is really black out there and looks like an all day thing. Too bad, today is Derby Day and so many plan parties, mainly cookouts.I feel so bad for the people that went through all the tornados. I experienced a couple as a child, and when the sky gets that black-greenish color, I get really nervous. Our Cairn terrier, Matti, heads for under the bed at the first sound of rain or lightning. I always fear we wont be able to get her out if there is a tornado and we go to the basement. Hope you all stay safe, be sure to let us know.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:45 AM

Wow, you guys get some storms down there. I sure hope all is well now.

I live in upstate New York and have never heard the Civil Defense Sirens. I'm not even sure they have them and if they did if people would know what to do.

Hopefully all is well now and you can get some peaceful and much needed rest!

Jan.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:52 AM

I have a question. If I can get my walking foot working from my Janome low shank, will it fit my Model 66 machines?

I am taking my Janome to the dealer today along with the walking foot. It was the first time I ever used it and for the last week have been struggling with it. It sews for about a foot then the needle falls out,no matter how tight I tighten it. I don't know if it something I am doing or if it is defective.

I would love to use it on the Model 66 machines as I love working on them. So far, I am not thrilled with modern machines. I would probably do all my sewing on the vintage machine is I could use the attachments.

If it shouldn't fit, does anyone sell a walking for for the Model 66's or a Model 201-2 for that matter. And what would be a good price. The one for the Janome cost $33.00.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by no1jan
I have a question. If I can get my walking foot working from my Janome low shank, will it fit my Model 66 machines?

I am taking my Janome to the dealer today along with the walking foot. It was the first time I ever used it and for the last week have been struggling with it. It sews for about a foot then the needle falls out,no matter how tight I tighten it. I don't know if it something I am doing or if it is defective.

I would love to use it on the Model 66 machines as I love working on them. So far, I am not thrilled with modern machines. I would probably do all my sewing on the vintage machine is I could use the attachments.

If it shouldn't fit, does anyone sell a walking for for the Model 66's or a Model 201-2 for that matter. And what would be a good price. The one for the Janome cost $33.00.
You know I am going to have to find that out, because I have never tried a walking foot on anything. I can find out later on today.

I just got back from getting my stranded daughter a minute ago and I am waiting for the water to go away so I can tow her car home. She spent the night at one of her friends houses just down the block and since their family was up all night just like ours she decides to go get doughnuts and bring them home. Well she was caught in a flash flood and I had to walk down the block to get her. Her car was up to the windows deep in water!!!

Fortunately she was not hurt, but she decided to park it on the street instead of their driveway and when she and her friend walked out to get in the car it was under water!

Our house is up on a hill as such and a few of the folks down the street are not that lucky. I waded through water almost waist deep that is how much rain came down before the lull. A few homes have water in them but for several that have in ground swimming pools, I feel sorry for them.

So my day is going pretty good so far......:roll: :lol: :lol:

Billy
Old 05-01-2010, 04:37 AM

You know, the snow we get in NY is looking better every minute.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:06 AM

Oh, Billy, I am so glad that your daughter was only stranded and not harmed! You are a wonderful dad, you sure were her knight in shining armor today for sure. I remember during a flood here once back in the mid 90's, our son was living with my mom while going to college and one minute he was going to lay down and try to get rid of a headache and the next he called saying they were getting out. Then lost all contact with them for 12 hours (pre cell). During that time they had tried to get themselves and 2 cars out of danger and one ad stalled and my son (in her late 70's early 80's) had to wade waist deep to carry my mom to high ground. Scary!
Old 05-01-2010, 06:29 AM
Banned

I try being a good Dad if at all possible but she was flipping out. I got it home and in the driveway thanks to the Hot Rod!! But there is all sorts of damage around here but mainly flood related.

I am watching the news right now and the weather guy says that we have had close to 8" of rain since midnight. They are forecasting over 12" before this is over with.

And now the Civil Defense sirens are going off again as I am typing this. There is another Tornado on the ground not far from us but it looks like it will go by this area.

It looks as if it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

Billy