Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Share your funny stories about your pets!   (Enjoy! >

Share your funny stories about your pets! (Enjoy!

Share your funny stories about your pets! (Enjoy!

Old 06-29-2010, 11:56 AM

ctsgjs I loved you story about Squarehead. Sounds like he was much loved.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Power Poster

Squarehead's name makes me laugh.

How did he end up being called that?
Old 06-29-2010, 12:09 PM

candlequilter your Boxer is absolutely gorgeous. My two boxers were too old when I got them to crop their ears. I just love that look, but I love without too. She is beautiful.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:14 AM

When he was a chubby baby, he just had a square-looking head. He had short solid smoky gray fur and was very precocious. At only 3-4 weeks old he tried to follow us everywhere and was always getting in the way. His mother just couldn't keep him corraled. The kids named him Squarehead, but we often just called him Square for short. He was very intelligent and very loving, but such a rascal. If you held out a finger, he would bite it!
Old 06-30-2010, 07:54 AM

We used to have the sweetest, gentlest, most lovable little dog, but he had a little psychological problem.

Years ago, when our little cock-a-poo, Bootsie, was still with us, he used to pretend to bury his doggie bones. You'd give him a Milkbone, he'd hold it in him mouth while he looked for the perfect place (by the foot of a chair or end table, or by the baseboard), then he'd drop the bone and with his nose would push imaginary dirt over the bone, from the left up over the bone, from the right over the bone, over and over, until he was satisfied that it was well and truly buried and hidden. Then he would walk away with his head held high, just as proud as could be. Of course, as soon as he left the area, our other dog, Sugar, would grab the bone and eat it. Sometimes she would just lay there, right in front of Bootsie, and watch him bury the bone, then grab it as soon as he left.

Never saw Boosie try to retrieve the buried bones and he never seemed to realize that they were gone. Never understood this, because he was really a very smart little dog. Interestingly, he never dug holes or buried anything OUTside, just in the living room! Also, he never "buried" anything but Milkbones! (And yes, he was very well fed!) We just had a good laugh over it and thought he was very creative and imaginative! We loved him so much and still miss the little guy.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:37 AM

When I load my dishwasher, Sam always has his head in there trying to get whatever he could from the dirty dishes. One day, he was stretching to reach a crumb or something. His collar got hooked on the dishwasher rack. He pulled so hard, he pulled the entire bottom rack of dirty dishes completely out of the washer. It crashed and make a horrible noise. Broken dishes everywhere. The more he pulled the more the dishwasher rack came after him. He thought the devil himself was getting him. He got to the entrance to the dining room and the rack wouldn't fit through the doorway and dislodged itself. It was over a year before Sam would ever go near the dishwasher again.
I still don't have enough plates to feed over six people at one time.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
When I load my dishwasher, Sam always has his head in there trying to get whatever he could from the dirty dishes. One day, he was stretching to reach a crumb or something. His collar got hooked on the dishwasher rack. He pulled so hard, he pulled the entire bottom rack of dirty dishes completely out of the washer. It crashed and make a horrible noise. Broken dishes everywhere. The more he pulled the more the dishwasher rack came after him. He thought the devil himself was getting him. He got to the entrance to the dining room and the rack wouldn't fit through the doorway and dislodged itself. It was over a year before Sam would ever go near the dishwasher again.
I still don't have enough plates to feed over six people at one time.
That's a riot! Buy yourself some CorningWare!
Old 07-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Kas

Corningware breaks! Just ask my husbands old roomie! He argued that it wouldn't since the commercials said so. Well, after he dropped the first one on the floor and it broke, he said, "that's not right." and did it again! With the same result. He reached for a third plate and DH and their other roommate grabbed it away from him. Not the sharpest tool in the shed. Does this qualify for a silly pet story?
Old 07-01-2010, 11:57 AM

Last night I was working on my computer and I heard a slurping noise. I looked over and Nique, our cat was drinking my diet soda out of my glass. :|
Old 07-01-2010, 11:58 AM

I have a little black and tan piebalded dachshund. She requires Night night kisses every night. when I go to take my before bed vitamins she is waiting for me to put her in bed and kisses her all over her head and talk some sweet talk to her. If I hurry and just give her a few kisses she will follow me to bed and insist on more refusing to go to bed. I will then take her back to bed and kiss her some more and IF I have given her enough she will stay in bed and go to sleep. I usually try to get the count of kisses right the first time. :=)