Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Share your funny stories about your pets!   (Enjoy! >

Share your funny stories about your pets! (Enjoy!

Share your funny stories about your pets! (Enjoy!

Old 06-27-2010, 05:00 AM

My hound dog, DUke, will tear up everything in the back yard...but his babies. He has been given all sizes of stuffed animales and they are all over the yard. He will not tear them up. He is so smart. When DH mows with the riding mower, he runs to gather them all up and puts them in his doghouse. He is so funny. One morning I got up and looked out in the yard and he was sleeping in the middle of all of them. So cute!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 05:19 AM
Power Poster

Before she died, we had a pug mix, and our Lab Charlie. We always took them to the lake, where Charlie loved to swim, but Poor Sugar couldnt. SO, I went and got her a doggy life jacket. Man, she LOVED it!!!!! It was so funny seeing her doggy paddle along side the lab, we had so much fun with them!
Old 06-27-2010, 05:22 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Iraxy
My dogs have been together for as long as they have been alive. The dog next door was in heat, our male dog (Chico) got happy and went to visit (he's spayed), when he returned, our female (Misty) would not let him in the fence and he had to sleep outside by the cars. LOL
:lol:
Old 06-27-2010, 05:43 AM

We puppysit our daughters Chorki, and we have an old Cairn terrier,Matti, and a Chinese, 3 years old, Sassi. Well Shelby and Sassi go nuts running and playing, but Matti would just as soon the pup left her alone. It's like, I did my time with Sassi, it's your turn now. Well, Shelby has learned not to jump in Matti's face, but now she will keep going to her and giving her gentle kisses. Matti lets her and it is so cute to see.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:48 AM

Sassi also lets me kow when it is time to go out or go to bed by sitting next to me and just looking at me, until I say what do you want? Then she stands up on my lap and looks some more. When I say, "do you want to go out, ( or to bed)? she starts jumping at my face , and going nuts. She will take her nose and push my blankets back to get to the sheet. Can't stay up when Sassi is ready for bed!LOL
Old 06-27-2010, 09:39 AM

Mu cat Iris had a little bunny that was her favorite toy, She even laid on the rocker and rocked it. She would throw it up and chase it. It was an Easter decoration that she stole when I first got her. She carried that bunny everywhere. I would find it in my bed in the morning, It disappeared but It is probably hidden around the house someplace.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:59 AM
Power Poster

Not so much funny but memorable: Heidi and Molly killed a skunk in the yard - 2 in the morning. OMG - it took more than an hour for the "regular" skunk smell to develop. Both dogs had skunk spray all over their eyes and noses so I washed their faces with Nature's Miracle. Did I remember to put on gloves? Nope - it WAS 2 in the morning and I was not exactly awake.

Another memory: When my sister and her family came to visit, Melissa - darling niece - wanted to ride the donkey. Jackson was not so enamored with the idea, so every day, we would cajole the beast to do a couple of rounds for the girl. Last day of vacation, I looked out the window and saw Melissa riding by on Jackson. A quick tally indicated that she was out there on her own. Smart girl had tied a carrot to a stick and dangled it in front of Jackson's nose to keep him going. It was a quite a sight.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:38 PM

One of my cats loves ice cubes. He bats them around the floor and then drinks the puddle after they melt. He has learned to stand up on the refrig and hit the lever on the door to get his own ice cubes. :)
Old 06-27-2010, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Chip comes into me while I'm at the computer every night at 9:30 and barks at me until I go to bed! He sits at my feet and yaps once or twice...I tell him "NO! I'm not ready yet!" and reach for him...he bounces out of reach and yaps at me again. I ask if he needs to go out. He yaps. I get up, walk toward the door, and he yaps..then runs toward the bedroom, stops, and yaps again. I again tell him "no" and come back to my computer or sewing machine....he comes back and sits at my feet and barks some more...until I go to bed! (Then he runs in and sits in the chair with William until he comes to bed...but William isn't under "puppy orders" to do so...
Our cat would sleep with us. In the evening when my hubby's best friend would visit they would stay up into the wee hours talking. Every half hour or so the cat would stretch and yawn and meow. She wanted to go to bed.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:18 AM

When my youngest daughter graduated college, she moved back home briefly. Then she got a job at a university a 3-hour drive from home. When moving her there, we used our cattle trailer to haul her stuff. We loaded most of the stuff one evening, then finished the next morning and started out. About half-way there, we stopped and ate lunch, leaving the vehicles at the far end of the parking lot. Then, went on our way and arrived at her apartment. We had unloaded a little over half of the stuff when the older daughter's boyfriend, who was helping us, hollered from inside the trailer, "Hey, there's something alive in here!" We thought he was kidding, but realized he wasn't when we saw his face. So, we carefully looked into all the cracks and crevices between boxes and found.......our cat, Squarehead! He was wedged up under the dining table, on top of some boxes, with eyes as big as saucers, yowing his head off. We guessed he had been snooping in the trailer and gotten shut in. I had everyone clear out and crawled up in there and practically dragged him from under the table. We put him in my daughter's cat carrier and took him inside. He was terrified, but fine. We couldn't believe he stayed in there while we finished loading, then rode all that way, stayed there while we had lunch, and still didn't try to run when we were unloading. I think he was just too scared to run! He rode home with us the next day and was perfectly fine for his ordeal. We don't have Squarehead any more, but we do still like to remember and talk about his big adventure.