She needs us now.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:00 AM
Banned

Getting my block together today. What's the best way to ship a block (ok, that's probably a dumb question, but I've never done it....)
Old 01-18-2010, 08:10 AM

BK, you can just mail it in an envelope. Sometimes you need to use wider ones, but they fold pretty well!
Old 01-18-2010, 08:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
BK, you can just mail it in an envelope. Sometimes you need to use wider ones, but they fold pretty well!
Thanks Esq! I didn't know if it was okay to fold it...
Old 01-18-2010, 08:16 AM

Oh sure...no worries. I've seen 'em folded, rolled, flat, whatever. As long as they get there in one piece!! Some people like to put them into a plastic bag so there's less risk of damage...then it's harder to fold and you have to get a larger envelope. But do whatever you can!!

Have a great day BK!! And welcome to the board too! I see you just joined. Hope you're making friends and having fun with the gang here! Nice group of folks.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:06 PM

[quote=mcdaniel023]
Originally Posted by tigger5464
I also know that some place here on the board, Peachy said she has always wanted a blue and white 9 patch.

I searched and found the post, "I have angels all around me". Trupeach does say she always wanted to make a simple 9 patch blue and white quilt for herself. Now with a little help from her friends she will have a good start.
Hugs to you all!
I went to a LQS after bkfst the other day with Gloria (from this board) specifically looking for Blue & White materials. I realized I didn't have much blue and literally no WOW or white...yikes!! I found a beautiful white and small patterned varigated blue which I liked so much I got extra for me ... 3 yds of the white and 2 yds of the blue. :lol:

Glad I re-read the posts ... I had picked out a star pattern but if Trupeach wants 9-patches that's what I'll give her ;)

Gwyn I'll PM you for Trupeach's mailing address :thumbup:
Old 01-18-2010, 04:57 PM

I would be happy to help with this, you are a true friend.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:17 PM

Finished 2 blocks for Peachy over the weekend. They are waiting in the mail box to go out first thing in the morning. I also put a short note into them with my screen name and real name and addy. Just hope that she likes the blocks...My sister in law fell in love with the combination of 2 blues and the wow I used. Wish that I could figure out how to post pics of things to show everyone. Have fun making the blocks if that is your choice. I know I had fun :D
Old 01-18-2010, 06:46 PM

I've already been sending blue & white stuff to Peachy, as well as notes and cards. I was in Ohio when this tragedy happened to her daughter, and I was so amazed that this young woman survived. My heart aches for Peachy and what she and her family is going through with this.

Gwyn, you've accomplished what I could not several weeks ago, but I followed through on my end, anyway. Thank you for finding a better way to accomplish what I could not. The folks on this board are just wonderful and I know our Peachy will be thrilled and touched beyond measure with what we are able to do for her.

Everyone, all I ask of you is that you send along a prayer with your package that Peach and her family reach the ultimate in healing they possibly can with this horrid situation. More than anything else, what they need is our friendship, but our thoughtfulness will touch them all and give them strength, I'm sure.

Thank you all for whatever you are able to do.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:57 PM

Please send me Peachy's address so I can send a square! I read about this when she posted about it. I can never understand some people's idea of "fun". Some things cannot be undone!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:28 PM

I am doing the secret angel.. she is getting packages all over and wondering.. what the heck? she knows she has one secret angel but these gifts are stumping her. Too funny! I am glad they bring a smile to her face however.