Shifting house :?:

Old 10-04-2010, 04:30 PM

Look for a free-cycle in your area of the world in yahoo groups. They are spreading world wide. They are for keeping things out of landfills. I am proud to say they started here in Oregon, USA and are still growing. :thumbup:
Old 10-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Power Poster

I would go to freecycle.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by twistedsheets
Not to change the subject. But I would like to learn to make kishk. Sawsan would you have an exact recipe I could use. I have not been able to find one that works, I want to make Mansaf for some friends this Christmas. I would appreciate a recipe for one also for filo also. PLEASE I want them to have a traditional dinner, along with our regular dishes. Thank you. Besides evryone loves deserts!!

Good morning and Mary Christmas
Sorry for late but u know i am shifting and my house was up side down but I remember friends :-D
Seems u lived in Gordan or u ate this traditional dish in Jordanian or Palestinian house.

AS u know it is special (SHEEP MILK)u make for Mansaf called JAMEED first in old days they make it as balls or rocks hard and dry to keep for the whole year did u witness such one?
If u have this u must cut into small pieces keep in water not much water all the night in the morning u blended with the water in blender.
Now a days we find liquid Jameed in the market which is easier to use.
First u need the to cook the meat (which is pieces with bone )
in the beginning of boil u remove the top of the water which happens (bec of blood )(this is important for good taste and clean LABAN Jameed.
Cook until its done .
If u have liquid jameed u need one cup of thick laban + one tablespoon of starch for thicker mouth feel and a one and half cup of hot meat broth stir in quite heat don't leave it
Boil mixture and add previously boiled meat
Now garlic is optional fry minced garlic with light oil not olive oil (color light gold) add in the end and close fire don't boil now.

for service you need thin bread (SHRAK) in round big dish wet with two cup of LABAN then u add rice then the meat
Garnish with fray almond and pine seed tossed (light gold not dark
Now if u have no Sheep milk jameed don't panic yogurt u will like it's tasty
Every thing is the same but u must add starch or one egg when its cold then boil and add to the done meat , salt is must here.
Jameed is already salted for keeping long life
so put salt in the end of meat cooking time if u use yogurt and no need for salt when using jameed.

Kishk Sorry I don't know unless u call the name KISHK for what i call it JAMEED

GOOD LUCK
Any question please don't hesitate P M me