shipping costs?

Old 02-19-2011, 12:19 PM
Banned

someone from ontario asked me about selling and sending the american girl doll sweaters to her in Ontario...I had hoped to get an idea of the cost to mail a package of about 8 ounces to her...and the best way to sednd..any suggestions? I tried finding info on usps site but couldn't seem to find what I needed...I'd just like a fair idea of cost
Old 02-19-2011, 12:24 PM

Go to http://USPS.com & select "International shipping"; then select Canada. After putting in the weight & whether using envelope of package, you will see options for shipping with the prices. I think the Priority Flat Rate Envelope is around $11.35, but if you qualify for 1st Class it could be cheaper.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Power Poster

I would take the item and the packaging to the Post Office and ask them to tell you the cost of shipping. I believe you will need to fill out a customs form. Around here people and business do it all the time. They need to know shipping costs before they are ready to actually mail it. Hope this helps:)
Old 02-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by donnajean
Go to http://USPS.com & select "International shipping"; then select Canada. After putting in the weight & whether using envelope of package, you will see options for shipping with the prices. I think the Priority Flat Rate Envelope is around $11.35, but if you qualify for 1st Class it could be cheaper.
thanks
Old 02-19-2011, 02:03 PM
Administrator

I've sent a few packages to Canada recently.

1. It's often less expensive to use regular postage than it is to use the flat rate. Definitely worthwhile to weigh it and compare costs.

2. If you stuff an envelope, and it weighs less than 4 pounds you can use the simple customs form that doubles as the address/postage label. if it goes over 4 pounds, you have to use the customs form for packages.

3. If you use a box, it will be priced as a package no matter how light it is. You have to use the fancy-shmancy pain-in-the-patookis form for packages.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
I've sent a few packages to Canada recently.

1. It's often less expensive to use regular postage than it is to use the flat rate. Definitely worthwhile to weigh it and compare costs.

2. If you stuff an envelope, and it weighs less than 4 pounds you can use the simple customs form that doubles as the address/postage label. if it goes over 4 pounds, you have to use the customs form for packages.

3. If you use a box, it will be priced as a package no matter how light it is. You have to use the fancy-shmancy pain-in-the-patookis form for packages.