Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
SHOCK! My Mom has a potty mouth! >

SHOCK! My Mom has a potty mouth!

SHOCK! My Mom has a potty mouth!

Old 08-23-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by gigi4419
Thanks for the laugh!
Sounds like something my mom would say. She doesn't always get it right, and some things are quite funny. :lol:
Old 08-23-2011, 03:36 PM

Oh that is just tooooooooo funny! Be sure to name it the Bardello quilt. Or "her name"s Bardello" ie Janes Bardello-would make for some great stories.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:27 PM

Reminds me of the fun I have by telling people that I was a hooker before I got married. The looks I get in response just crack me up. Honestly, that was my maiden name. Married a guy named Brown. No fun in that at all. I think I'll make a Bordello quilt one of these days. I'll just use my maiden name on the label and get another chuckle out of it. Hmm, maybe I should enter it in a show.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:35 PM

makes me think of a friend's mother who was from 'the other side'. she would be over 100 now. in the new york city area there was a chain of cafeterias called horn and hardart. she kept telling people that her favorite place to eat was horn and hard*n.
no way could we change her mind about that name. after a while we just laughed with everyone else. she thought everyone liked the cafeteria as much as she did. hey - no harm,no foul!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:51 PM

Your mother's slip of the tongue is not half as hilarious as the idea that some women were apparently offended by it. What a marvelous sense of humor they must have. NOT! There have probably been many bargello quilts in the bardellos in our country's history.Maybe we could have a quilt book called "Historic quilts from American bardellos" or Quilts from Authenic American Bardellos" or "Quilts that Loved the West."
LOL
Old 08-24-2011, 02:19 PM

WE PLAYED A GAME WITH GSouts, on a bus trip-1 little girl got"C" you were suppose to say "when I grow up ,I'm gonna live in a ------, then repeat where your friends were gonna live. she brought the house down when she accidently decided to live in a condom(CONDO) game over! it happens!