Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Shouldn't this be a no-brainer

Shouldn't this be a no-brainer

maybe not if parents have to be reminded of such things:

https://katu.com/news/local/doctors-...s-are-not-food
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Are fireworks really worth the risks?

Quote Originally Posted by SillySusan View Post
    Are fireworks really worth the risks?
    I have never figured out why they sell fireworks in the forest. I realize some groups use it as a fundraiser. But, really do we need fireworks around when the forest is a tinder box?
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

A few years back, my then 4-year old nephew, who is full of questions and not much impulse control, had just played with a sparkler and was watching the ember till it went out. Then, not realizing that it was still hot, says, "Hey, Mommy! I wonder this tastes like!"--and--before she could react--he stuck his tongue out to see. To him it looked like a skinny lollipop.

So, I wouldn't be too quick to blame parents. Kids will do stupid things in moments of curiosity because they're kids. Best thing is not to let them have any, but then they lose out some fun as well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
    I have never figured out why they sell fireworks in the forest. I realize some groups use it as a fundraiser. But, really do we need fireworks around when the forest is a tinder box?
    The worse thing ever, allowing fireworks in the desert, we are bone dry and if you look at it hard, it catches on fire. Wish they would reverse that law!!!!!

I am very happy that they are outlawed in Massachusetts although people still go out of state and bring them back with them. Danger isn't worth having them.
    Sally

I don't get why some children are attracted to the premade pressed soap packages.

Sure, they are bright and shiny but it is going to taste nasty pretty darn quick.

I think it's sort of interesting that we humans are so intrigued by bright shiny things when it seems to me in nature they are usually signals to keep away!

Still, I understand the allure of shiny and I want to touch/taste/feel...

Quote Originally Posted by selm View Post
    I am very happy that they are outlawed in Massachusetts although people still go out of state and bring them back with them. Danger isn't worth having them.
    Same here.

I had a friend who had a mobile home burn down. "I told the kids three times not to blow up firecrackers in the house." no right bright
    My greatest fear is all of my family standing around my coffin and talking about "how sensible" he was.

It can be satisfying to make a big boom. Unfortunately, making a boom boom in an uncontrolled environment is irresponsible. All fireworks were banned this 4th for us. Too many fires and too dry.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-08-2019 at 02:09 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    ~Sharon