Shoveler's Anonomous

Old 12-16-2016, 11:04 AM

No snow shoveling here. As my friend from Kansas told one of his buddies who asked how he stood the humidity in Houston "You don't have to shovel humidity" I am SO NOT a shoveler. I'm with Bneighbor, there is no snow shovel that properly fits my hands for shoveling. I'm happy in the non white, non winterwonderland of SE Texas. I do like to look at the pictures though
Old 12-16-2016, 08:22 PM

We have around 20 inches of snow on the ground right now with up to 10 more coming tonight. We get snow almost everyday, sometimes a dusting sometimes a lot. Anyway the Fed-x man ask me today who does my drive way. Told him hubby does it with the snow blower attached to the tractor. He must be retired, I said yes. My yard looks like a WalMart parking lot, nobody going to get stuck here. Some times he is in the tractor 6 plus hours as he does 2 of our neighbors, we each have 300 feet plus driveways.
Old 12-17-2016, 01:42 AM

I am the chief snow shoveler at our place. My husband keeps saying no snowblower here, but he is not the one at the end of the shovel. He can't even get out of the house this winter. Our son uses the big farm tractor and loader but by the steps and garage, he can't get the big farm tractor in there. So for now and I still have the health to do it, I will shovel. If I can't push it, I just take small shovelfuls to carry. Some day, I might just come home with an electric start snow blower.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:11 AM

Hubby tractors snow when it is done falling. I hand shovel walkways every 4 inches of snow fallen. I am obsessive, he is relaxed.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:38 AM

We only snowblow if it is over 4 inches or so. We have a fairly long driveway in the country with a gravel base so set the blower skid about 1 1/2 inches anyway so the rocks don't fly in the grass. Ask me how I know. Right now it is freezing rain and 35 degrees, but the wind chill is supposed to be below zero tomorrow and the roads are icy right now. With snow on top of the ice and wet, it will not be a good combo. Stay safe everyone!
Old 12-17-2016, 04:05 PM

About 8 days ago, we didn't have any snow! Lol! I use the snowblower if there is more than a couple of inches or if the city snowplow fills in the bottom of my driveway(hazard of living on a corner lot and plow comes around corner past my house). I did part of the deck today along with the driveway.

Bitter wind today and temps dropping to 20 below probable tonight will keep me home tomorrow. More sewing time for me that way!

Connie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563933[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 12-17-2016, 05:02 PM

We don't get tons of snow here most winters. But we do get a few that need shoveling. Some winters more than others. I am not compulsive about it. But if I don't keep the end of the driveway clear the snowplow throws snow backup on it, the stuff is usually slush that refreezes over night. In the morning it is nearly impossible to get thru. I am the one who shovels our driveway as my DH and son are out plowing others driveways in a huge condo complex.
Old 12-17-2016, 05:28 PM

I am the shoveler here, though today a SIL did it and a grandson called to see if I needed him. Both rare occasions, but appreciated. I really can't lift it, so I push it into rows and use my electric snowthrower to move onto the ever growing piles. It has started and will continue to come daily with N Michigan being cold enough so it rarely melts on its before April. My biggest problem is the stuff the plow leaves at the end of the drive.