Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
show us your bargains, please >

show us your bargains, please

show us your bargains, please

Old 05-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Not sure if this is the right place to do this.
I have posted several times showing what I have found at thrift shops. Mostly fabrics. I and others would like to see what others on the QB have found at thrift shops, yard sales or any place that is NOT a LQS, WM or online quilting stores.

Post your pic's and share with us. PLEASE.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:40 AM

Okay. This isn't fabric, but it was a wonderful bargain to me. DH and I bought a piece of southwestern artwork (on the wall above the bed) in a thrift store in Sun City West AZ (not a great bargain, but just what I wanted for our townhouse) and I needed a quilt or bedspread to go along with it. I was looking at fabric and patterns trying to decide what to make. One morning we went to a garage sale and I found the bedspread which is on the bed for $1!! If you look closely, the design matches exactly the shape of the artwork and the colors match beautifully. I have never had such luck before.

At some point I will still make a quilt for that bed, but for now I just enjoy my bargain bedspread.

Bargain bedspread
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49147[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-49147.jpe  
Old 05-07-2010, 06:41 AM

Perfect match. The room looks refreshing.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:43 AM
Power Poster

I dont have a camera to post pictures, and most of my bargins are magazines and books. I love the old ones best. Sometimes I find bags of magazines marked FREE!
Old 05-07-2010, 07:52 AM

My camera is not working right now either. I find lots and lots of fabric at garage sales,my last find was about 8 yards of pieces for $2.50
Old 05-07-2010, 08:12 AM

Our local Salvation Army had a half-off everything sale yesterday. DD and I went and found several bargains. I got several pairs of vintage pillowcases for .50 cents each and sheets sets for $1.50.

I also got a bag of fabric for $2.00. It had a lot of linen and some cotton. I got an empty sewing machine cabinet for $10 that DH said he would help me fix for my little Brother machine. And the cutest side table for $7.50. I plan on refinishing it and using it for a sewing storage or something. It is solid wood and very heavy. I think it may have been an old telephone table.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-49218.jpe   attachment-49219.jpe   attachment-49220.jpe  
Old 05-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JudyG
Okay. This isn't fabric, but it was a wonderful bargain to me. DH and I bought a piece of southwestern artwork (on the wall above the bed) in a thrift store in Sun City West AZ (not a great bargain, but just what I wanted for our townhouse) and I needed a quilt or bedspread to go along with it. I was looking at fabric and patterns trying to decide what to make. One morning we went to a garage sale and I found the bedspread which is on the bed for $1!! If you look closely, the design matches exactly the shape of the artwork and the colors match beautifully. I have never had such luck before.

At some point I will still make a quilt for that bed, but for now I just enjoy my bargain bedspread.
Wow that was a real find especially to find matching things at different places. Good job. Thank you for sharing
Old 05-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Power Poster

those of you that don't have cameras just tell use about your find. Thank you CarrieAnne and thequilterslink for sharing.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SherriB
Our local Salvation Army had a half-off everything sale yesterday. DD and I went and found several bargains. I got several pairs of vintage pillowcases for .50 cents each and sheets sets for $1.50.

I also got a bag of fabric for $2.00. It had a lot of linen and some cotton. I got an empty sewing machine cabinet for $10 that DH said he would help me fix for my little Brother machine. And the cutest side table for $7.50. I plan on refinishing it and using it for a sewing storage or something. It is solid wood and very heavy. I think it may have been an old telephone table.
Great fabrics. I love that side table. It would make a great night stand too.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:34 AM

Wow! The bedspread could not have been a better match!