Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Again For Our Favorite Question: Where Are the Bargains?

Blog Entries
    Somebody asked me recently where I shop online for nice fabric at reasonable prices. Because we ask and answer each other about it so often, and because opinions about which prices are reasonable vary so much between individual quilters, the recommendations and links probably number in the hundreds, scattered throughout every section of the board. I thought it might be time for us to start a fresh list; one based on some specific criteria. (I'm going to be bossy and obnoxious here, and set the limit to my own definition of "reasonable". That's for this list only, of course. Naturally, anybody who wants to can start a list in a different price range. Relax, ya'll. I haven't joined the Quilt Police. One too many cups of coffee this morning, perhaps, but never the Quilt Police! :lol: :shock: :lol: )

1. The majority of the site's prices must be $6.50 per yard or less - including shipping from and to anywhere in the Continental United States. (Hopefully, that will mean our interntional friends can find real savings for themselves at these sites, too, despite the higher shipping charges.)

2. If a site's regular prices are more than that, they can go on this list if they always have a really good selection of fabrics on sale for the limit or less.

3. Please post recommendations only for sites from which you've already made satisfactory purchases yourself.

Here are my favorites to get us started:

http://thousandsofbolts.com/index.cfm
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponline/fabric.asp (Fabric Frenzy)
    http://www.5bucksayard.com/

I find some great bargains on Hancocks of Paducah site. They always have some great bargain basement prices. They ship very quickly too and their fabric is top quality.

I guess I should "thank" you Patrice? Hmmm... Well, it was fun anyway and the economy needs help, right?!! :D

Here's my addition to the list. The blow out sale, which changes frequently.

https://www.fabricdepot.com/index.php?page=CatalogPage&pageid=15313

This site I've used has fabrics on sale for $4.95 occasionally... don't know if they have one going on right now or not....

http://www.pieceworkcompany.com/search2.asp
    Piecework Fabics: Search

and I just peeked...they do have one going on right now!

Steve, I saw some orange material on the fabric depot site that Chele suggested. Nancy

One of the sites I have bought from, and got quality fabric plus individual help is www.ethelbird.com/ they have a lot of kids prints. Marge

I haven't ordered from this one but intend to. I like how their fabrics all coordinate. And if you order $50.00 they only charge $7.00 shipping to Canada. (free to the USA)

http://www.connectingthreads.com/Fabric/Quilting+Fabric.html

Blog Entries
    I have purchased fabric from this ebay seller: http://stores.ebay.com/Apple-Creek-Treasures

She cuts way down on shipping when more is purchased. The quality was high, high, high. I ordered Debbie Mumm stuff.

Blog Entries
    This, um, is a very, um, dangerous thread. :shock:

I will not buy more fabric.

I bought some really wonderful material last month from [email protected] I was very satisfied with my purchases and it was really cheap. Some of the material that I purchased was as cheap as $1.33 per half yard. After my first purchase I recieved a 15% off coupon too. I'll definitely use this site again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barnbum

yeah ... that's what i say every morning. then i wake up. :lol:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Here are some of my favorites:
    DebSews2.com; The Virginia Quilter (good sales, great product); Stitch-n-Frame (good sales, great product); Hancock's of Paducah; Suzette's Quilt.com; Summer Country Store.com. My 2 very favorites are Stitch-n-Frame and Virginia Quilter. I have never been disappointed w/them and their products are consistent quality, e.g. high thread count. I am a Batik and Asian fabric addict. More so on the batik side. I have purchased both as low as $4.95 a yard from the above. The Virginia Quilter offers free and/or reduced shipping many times a year. Both the VQ and S-n-F send out weekly newsletters w/weekly sales. GiGi :lol:

sidebar here......

I think the synonym for Fabric Heaven is "Patrice's Stash"

~Joan
    p.s.--it's looks like I have lots more shopping to do...oh, my...enjoyed your picture, Patrice

Quote Originally Posted by barnbum

don't be saying taht when you KNOW THAT won't happen :lol:

Ooooh my GAWD!!! that is your stash!! I'm in love!!! I think I will go to the quilt shop this afternoon!!!!!!

Thank you, Patrice! I just showed your stash picture to my husband and told him I have "nothing!" Gotta go shopping to "keep up with Patrice." He said, "Poor Baby!" That means he agrees with my need to shop, right?

I love Virginia Quilter (I always get tongue tied and call it Virginia Creeper after the plant my mom loved!) VQ has good stuff and are very prompt.
    I also have ordered from Keepsake Quilting and Hancocks of Paducah. Both are great sites, good fabric, wonderful service.

Who needs an online fabric shop? Just go to Patrice's house! You must wake up happy every morning Patrice! I'm really enjoying these new shops. Thanks everyone!

Okay, this is a very naughty, bad thread... Even before I had a half a cup of coffee this morning I went to the heart of dixie web shop and spent a big dent of money.... I only remember the cute coordinating fat quarter bundles I bought... God only knows what else will show up with them...
    But I did remember to enter the 15 % discount code of 13131.

And I ended up over to ebay bidding before I even got a cup of coffee in me...you ladies are corrupting me! :mrgreen:

Maybe we should have a drink your coffee first rule before shopping. A lot of coffee...

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy M
    Okay, this is a very naughty, bad thread... Even before I had a half a cup of coffee this morning I went to the heart of dixie web shop and spent a big dent of money.... I only remember the cute coordinating fat quarter bundles I bought... God only knows what else will show up with them...
    But I did remember to enter the 15 % discount code of 13131.
    I so agree with you. I've had coffee and I am still oh, so tempted. This 'heart of dixie' site is fabulous!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chele
    Who needs an online fabric shop? Just go to Patrice's house! You must wake up happy every morning Patrice! I'm really enjoying these new shops. Thanks everyone!
    i wake up wondering how on earth i let myself go so crazy so often. and how many lifetimes it would take to use it. :shock:

then i go shopping. :roll:

luckily, 95% of it is from walmart. i have slowed down quite a bit since i started shopping online and paying double or triple per yard. who knew paying so much more could turn out to be a good thing? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Banned
    :? :wink: Don't say you won't buy Fabric cause that will be what u will do. You're here, Right?

Blog Entries
    i made my son hide my debit card first, then took a look at that hear of dixie. omigosh!!! 400 fabrics on sale. and i mean ... on sale!

somebody needs to order some of the orange monsters for steve. :lol:

Woooow, Patrice, I want to come and shop at the Patrice Fabric Shop. What fun! Is this a secret room that you keep hidden from your hubby?lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast