Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Time Again For Our Favorite Question: Where Are the Bargains?

Yikes ...that is some fabric stash. I am utterly jealous.

Blog Entries
    My favorite is the ebay store Marshall Dry Goods.
    Fabulous prices, great quality, fast shipping.

Not a fantastic selection, but what they have is cheap!

http://stores.ebay.com/Marshall-Dry-Goods-Co-Inc_

Copy and paste the addy

MJ

Quote Originally Posted by quiltmaker101
    Only a few days left (til June 30) to take advantage of AMAZING prices at www.fabric.com I bought a ton of fabric for $2.95 a yard, and it is top quality quilt fabric.

Look in the Back in Time sale section. They also have a 20% off code for checkout: Clearance268.
    Thank you, Wendy! I searched and searched for this thread and your note about $2.95 a yard last night!!!! You made my day.

And yet another comment about Patrice's stash. I'll take you to lunch if I can just look at all of your wonderful collection.

For all cotton thread......connecting thread.com is your place.

Blog Entries
    I just found this thread. It's almost a year since any posts. Anyone have any updates. I trying to clear out some of my stash so I can get some new.

Blog Entries
    Don't forget http://www.whittlesfabrics.com/

I haven't ordered from them as yet, but I plan to in the future.

Mary

Connecting Threads, Christa Quilts weekly bargains, Pieceworks, Fabric Depot, Fabric.com, Nixie Chicks, Homespun Hearth...

There are a lot of deals if you sign up for free emails/newsletters. They will notify you when there is a sale, a clearance, etc. You can do this while you shop hop or just looking up quilt shops in Google, etc.

Also, my local fabric shop takes Joann's coupons for one non-sale item each visit.

Blog Entries
    I buy fabric from http://www.connectingthreads.com and I like it. Keepsakes Quilting has great scrap bags of their best quality fabric.

I shop at all most all the places listed...but do find some great buys at my local quilt store.....in the back room....:-)

Patrice, I have some of those wobbilleeeee...stacks...my Dh put a solid wood base on the bottom and then the rollers on and then he screwed the stack together to keep them from falling apart when you tried to move the stack......I don't recommend carpet floors.....makes it harder for them to roll....I love mine and they do help keep things somewhat organized....I put different size blocks and and strips in mine....:-)

Wow! I love your setup!! I need to start this-it would be so much easier to see what colors I have and see which ones I need!! Like I need anymore fabric. :D :D . Well, yes I do cause I don't have 1 of everything!! :D :D :D

Thanks for the photo-it gives me ideas :twisted:

Blog Entries
    My LQS has clearance fabric starting at $1.99 =

http://www.thequiltedquail.com/

Also, if you know the fabric or line that you want, go here:

http://www.quiltshops.com/

Click on Item Search, enter a fabric name or any other description, and click Thumbnails and you will get that fabric from many stores that you can browse through and pick the one with the best price. I buy though this site all the time and have never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by barnbum
    This, um, is a very, um, dangerous thread. :shock:

I will not buy more fabric.

Carla, that's what I say when I go to the horse sales!!

I went and visited your site, and your minis are absolutely adorable!!!

I buy fabric on-line at many of the sites listed previously in this thread. My favorite thing to do is go to the quilt shop in the biggest town near me and buy their $3.00 grab bags. The fabric is in clear plastic bags so you get a pretty good idea what all is in there but you don't know how much of any one piece there is. I usually end up with a yard or so of fabric and sometimes there are even 1/4 to 1/3 yard pieces and most everything else included are 10" to 15" square. I get real value for my money and since I like scrappy look quilted items it is a win-win situation. Another thing I like is the fact that for $3 I get colors and/or prints that I would probably not buy as yard goods and sometimes these pieces turn out to be my favorites. Sorry for rambling but it was something I really wanted to share. Dixie in Alabama

Connectingthreads.com. Their fabric is always $5.96 or less. They have weekly internet sales every week starting on Wednesdays. I've purchased good qualtiy fabric for as little as $2.99. They carry only their own fabric that I don't think you can buy anywhere else. But I've been happy with them so far.

I just got an order from whittles the service was fast the quality is very good and the shipping price is reasonable I paid $3.99 per yd. for my fabric

Hi all,
    Just thought I'd let you know that I have most of my fabrics on sale for $3.85 a yard (there's only a handful that aren't this price!) and patterns on sale for 15% off of the everyday discount prices.....so a regular retail pattern that's $8.00 has an everyday RMQ discount price of $6.80 with a sale price of $5.78.I'll be running this one until the end of the month, but it is limited to stock on hand.Thanks!..and thank you to all of you who have purchased from me before...I truly appreciate it!

http://www.rockymountainquiltworks.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3