Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Time Again For Our Favorite Question: Where Are the Bargains?

Yep, Patrice, and the pics just does not do the fabric justice. I find it all very vibrant colors and a soft feel to the fabric too. I was not dissapointed in any of it , not even the cheapest cuts.

Patrice is my new role model and Hero.....haha....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ddrobins1956
    Woooow, Patrice, I want to come and shop at the Patrice Fabric Shop. What fun! Is this a secret room that you keep hidden from your hubby?lol
    no hubby to hide it from. at the rate i'm going, even if i finally met a Mr. Right, there's be no room here for him. :lol:

what you can't see in the photo are the two remaining cardboard boxes in a corner. i'm afraid to look inside because i have a feeling they aren't full of teddy bears! :shock:

oh well ... if i'm gonna be a junkie, i guess this is better for me than meth. :roll:

Are we starting up a FUA (Fabric Users Anonymous)?
    I need help!!!!!!!!
    I'm beginning to think quilters shouldn't be allowed to hang out together. What one can't think of the others can and we lead each other down the garden path! :lol: But we do have fun!

Blog Entries
    Oh Patrice, thank you for this thread..As a newby, its my JOB to build up my stash..right???!!! I can only aspire to have one as nice as you. I am going to have to really work harder on hubby to have him build us a new house so I will have somewhere to put it though!

I would so enjoy just running my hands through all of your stash.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Blog Entries

I usually check "fabric.com"

they are very helpful and deliver quite quickly'Their customer servise is excellent
    ceegee

Wow - what a great way to store fabric!!!!!!!!!!!! What are the containers you used??? Are they stackable sets of plastic bins where the draws put out??? If so, it looks like you stored sets on top of each other without a problem. I've been looking for a better way to store my stash so I can sort it better - something like this might work.

Thanks for any info you can pass on to me.

Patrice,
    You are my HERO!!!!!!!!! I can never hope to have such a stash!!!!!!!

I am both awe-struck and envious!!!!!!!!!!

:shock: :mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    i get my drawers at walmart. the brand is either sterling or sterlite. i'm at the office, so can't run to check the labels. they come in stacks of 5 or seven. i get the sevens. each stack is on wheels. to make the ones you see in the photo, i pop the top off one stack, leave the wheels off the second, then stack them together.

the only drawback is that when they're full, the wheels get a bit wacky. i haven't figured out yet how to reinforce them enough to work with all the weight.

i've started storing the bits and pieces of UFOs in their own individual drawers. when i'm bored with one, i just stuff it back into its drawer and go pull another one.

along with the stacks, i got a brand new kitchen. (not really. it had just been so long since i'd seen my counters, it feels new. :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Heart of Dixie site??? website PLEASE!! can't seem to find it!! may have overlooked it!

Patrice, Do the drawers open and close easily? I bought a stack of drawers on wheels at Staples and the wheels work fine, but when I open the drawers they don't close without holding up on the upper drawers. I'm always pinching my fingers trying to close them.

I love your idea about storing each UFO in a separate drawer. What a great way to know where everything is. :D :D

Quote Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
    Heart of Dixie site??? website PLEASE!! can't seem to find it!! may have overlooked it!
    http://www.heartofdixiequiltshop.com/

Bearpawquilting.com has great sale and great everyday prices. Thousandsofbolts.com...most is under $5.00 a yard. Connectingthreads.com now has a line of their own at a great price. The fabric is wonderful to work with. Not a large selecton but more and more is coming out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minda
    Patrice, Do the drawers open and close easily? I bought a stack of drawers on wheels at Staples and the wheels work fine, but when I open the drawers they don't close without holding up on the upper drawers. I'm always pinching my fingers trying to close them.

I love your idea about storing each UFO in a separate drawer. What a great way to know where everything is. :D :D
    the drawers work just fine. are your drawers full? it may be that too much weight has the same effect on your drawers as it has on my wheels. if they're stuffed full, try redistributing the contents.

obviously, neither yours nor mine were designed by a quilter. :wink:

Thank you for the info on your plactic stack units. I am going to buy 2 the next time I go to Walmart. Then I'll have my hubby modify them as you suggest. Since he is an engineer I think I will have him work on how the wheels can be reinforced. If he comes up with a solution, I will let you know.

Thanks again for info.

Blackberryhill

Quote Originally Posted by ddrobins1956
    I bought some really wonderful material last month from [email protected] I was very satisfied with my purchases and it was really cheap. Some of the material that I purchased was as cheap as $1.33 per half yard. After my first purchase I recieved a 15% off coupon too. I'll definitely use this site again.
    Thank you for this site... I think! Yep! I just spent a very pleasant hour shopping and oh, yes, good stuff is a-comin'!!! :lol: It was very hard narrowing it down though. I want it all! :mrgreen:

I like Honey Fork Fabrics.com. They have a $3.00 selection, nice quality, great customer service too!

Ok, here's a summary of what everyone has posted, and let me just say, I'm in deep trouble with this list. Sad to say, with all the shopping I need to do, I have very little time to work. Nancy

www.HeartofDixieQuiltShop.com
    www.HoneyForkFabrics.com
    www.Bearpawquilting.com
    www.fabric.com
    www.virginiaquilter.com (good sales, great product)
    www.keepsakequilting.com
    http://thousandsofbolts.com/index.cfm
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponline/fabric.asp (Fabric Frenzy)
    http://www.5bucksayard.com/
    https://www.fabricdepot.com/index.php?page=CatalogPage&pageid=15313
    http://www.pieceworkcompany.com/search2.asp
    Piecework Fabics: Search
    www.ethelbird.com (they have a lot of kids prints)
    http://www.connectingthreads.com/Fabric/Quilting+Fabric.html
    ebay seller: http://stores.ebay.com/Apple-Creek-Treasures
    www.DebSews2.com
    http://www.stitch-n-frame.net (good sales, great product);
    http://www.hancocks-paducah.com
    www.SummersCountryStore.com

Hi everyone, I would just love to go to Patrice's and just look at her stuff! wow. that'd perk me right up. ha. I need some John Wayne material. Does anyone have any idea where I might could find any? thanks, Patty

Blog Entries
    the door is open. :mrgreen:

OMG, i just looked at this thread...Patrice, i have died and gone to heaven! lol lol

Only a few days left (til June 30) to take advantage of AMAZING prices at www.fabric.com I bought a ton of fabric for $2.95 a yard, and it is top quality quilt fabric.

Look in the Back in Time sale section. They also have a 20% off code for checkout: Clearance268.

Just saw this post for 1st time. Going to check the sites out now. Patrice, your stash is unbelievable!!! So neat and organized.

Hi,

Talk about stashs. I recieved an e-mail recently about a quilter here in Maryland who actually had two paid, climate controled storage sheds full of fabric. She gave out her phone number so that anyone interested in purchasing some could call her and she would meet them there to cut it for and sell it to them. I think she must win the prize. I would imagine she has been pretty busy lately.

Blog Entries
    Now thats a fabric addiction :roll:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast