Shower Curtains

Old 11-21-2013, 02:50 PM

I made a homespun one with just 2 big pieces of fabric. I put ties along the top to tie it on the bar....very country. I use another bar behind it for a plastic liner.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:27 AM

I made one with a panel and coordinating fabric about twelve years ago, that I finally got to use after I painted my master bath in a soft pale mint. I liked it so much, I tracked down another panel to make a curtain. My bathroom window is two feet from the floor, right in front of the shower, so I needed to make it quilted for modesty, but I have a dark manufactured home, so I topped it with white and hung it low on the frame to optimize light. I love it. I finally have the perfect master bath for me.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 11-22-2013, 10:17 AM

I hope you turned it into a quilt when you were finished with it in the bathroom, beautiful...

Originally Posted by alikigirl View Post
Your shower curtain sounds wonderful. I made one a few years ago. I offset the blocks, and once I got the 'top' pieced, I realized that I needed to cover the seams on the back, so I just layered it like a quilt, but with no batting. Then I just stitched in the ditch between each block.
Here is my post with a picture.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...in-t90920.html
Old 11-22-2013, 12:01 PM

Here's a link to a free pattern at Connecting Threads: http://www.connectingthreads.com/Pat...__D991538.HTML

I saved this pattern as I want to make a shower curtain one day.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:30 PM

I was thinking of doing one with a store bought curtain and coordinate a large border with the quilt on my bed. I thought of making a row of these blocks, attaching with Velcro and when I switch to another quilt, I could change the bottom of the curtain to match that quilt. I will have to make sure I have enough fabric to do this.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:45 PM
Power Poster

wow, now that's a nice showercurtain
Old 11-22-2013, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
My current one is purchased. But in past made my own out of sheets. Just trimmed them down. Started out with twin sheets. used grommets.
I too made one out of sheets. I had a really old house that high ceiling and two long windows in the bath room. So I t took two lavender twin sheets, made a double ruffle on each one and also on the curtains with a valence for each. I guess you call them Pricilla. I even found some silk border to match with light green and a small print. Believe it or not I also found rugs to match, along with the towels and cloths. It probably sounds dorky now but at the time I was really proud of it. Back then I made all of my curtains. I had a 11 room house so that was a lot of curtains. LOL
Old 11-23-2013, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
My sister made one. She used button holes instead of grommets & then just a clear liner. She also serged hers.
I didn't serge my (don't have a serger) but I made a quilt top, backed it with fabric and "quilted" it enough to hold the back and front together, then put buttonholes at the top. Used it with a matching liner for YEARS.....
Old 11-23-2013, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
I made one with a panel and coordinating fabric about twelve years ago, that I finally got to use after I painted my master bath in a soft pale mint. I liked it so much, I tracked down another panel to make a curtain. My bathroom window is two feet from the floor, right in front of the shower, so I needed to make it quilted for modesty, but I have a dark manufactured home, so I topped it with white and hung it low on the frame to optimize light. I love it. I finally have the perfect master bath for me.
I did not have a serger, so I just went over each seam with zigzag so no raveling.