Sick of winter?

Old 02-13-2014, 06:12 PM

Oh yah. I'm getting pretty darn sick of it. We have had a record breaking amount of indoor recess days this winter. Being stuck inside with cooped up 8 year olds is tough duty. We've also had a ton of sick kids. The snow is piling up outside even as we speak. The phrase "But isn't it pretty" is only spoken in sarcastic tones in this house these days. My slide on ice grippers for my boots are rusting!
I may have a spare sharp object to add to that snowman.
But...isn't it pretty?
Old 02-13-2014, 07:37 PM

We all need to have T-Shirts printed with: "I SURVIVED THE WINTER OF 2014". My furnace is acting up - just not when the serviceman is here - $65 down the drain cause he could not see anything wrong with it at that time. Thank goodness that my DH keeps the fireplace/insert cranked up - the living/family room is very warm.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:57 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I keep telling myself, too, that all those bugs will die. But the instant I began to type this darn if a blankety-blank stink bug didn't show up doing a slow crawl across the floor.....and WE have over 10 inches of snow out there!!

Jan in VA
Old 02-14-2014, 03:52 AM

We've had record breaking snow and below temperatures here in northern Ind ever since the first of the year. We've also tried calling Uncle too, but doesn't seem to have helped.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:53 AM

Very funny! Had close to 1 ft. yesterday then another 1-2" overnight last night. Calling for 'snow showers' on Sat. at this point. I'm sure that will change to another foot by then! There's no place left to put all the stuff at this point. Fortunately my neighbor is bringing a backhoe today to dig out closer to our curb. The plows have gone about 2 ft. out from the curb now after all the various storms. At this rate, I won't get mail until the 4th of July cuz you can't get close enough to the mailbox. I need to get out there to dig out the end of the walk that's been plowed over as well before it freezes in place again.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:59 AM
Power Poster

I am sick of the frigid temps after having regular temps for a few days. I can handle the occasional dip but this winter has been too much for this cold weather lover.
I am just hoping we don't have the hot and humid summer we normally have.
If it gets up to the 40s or 50s the moths come out. It never gets too cold to kill the bugs.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
This may help cheer you a bit.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]462140[/ATTACH]
LOL That made me laugh out loud!! We just got hammered with tons of snow all day yesterday. So my snowman would be much bigger!
Old 02-14-2014, 07:07 PM

We got pounded with snow, and more to come.. I'm babysitting for an 85 lb doodle, plus mine, and they are having a very hard time finding places to use to relieve themselves.. Ughhhh... At least it is warm right now, but this will pass..
Old 02-15-2014, 05:17 AM

I'm VERY sick of winter too but I live in Northern Ontario & we get winter until April !!! Last year on mothers day we got hit with a wicked "freak" snow storm & ended up with almost 2 feet of snow & that was mid May. Thankfully, it didn't last. My DH & I are also avid golfers so as much as I love quilting, I quite love my golf too & most of my quilting is done in the winter months (which in our case is 6 months).
Oh well, let's hope it goes by quickly.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:53 AM

Love it! We don't have snow and I'm thankful for that, but the long freezes at night have really done a "number" on our outdoor plants. On to spring!!!!