Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Silly question.....

How do I get my location by my name??

If you click on "my profile" at the top of the page, it has a list of questions you can answer. There's a nice big warning saying what you type will be visible to the world, so don't put too much in. :-)

It is nice to see a location, though - hoping to find someone close by me.

Blog Entries

It's not a silly question. I wondered also where to put my state. I don't see anywhere to put it. But then I don't know what some of the abbreviations mean

I figured it out.... :oops: I was looking for the word location under "my profile" not the word from...lol

lol

:-)

Rhonda...there is a spot when you go into your profile that says "from"...its about halfway down...that's where you put your state

Ok...can someone help me put a picture in?? I've tried several pics that I have but I'm guessing the pixels are too big?? Can I change that or not

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewingnewbie
    Ok...can someone help me put a picture in?? I've tried several pics that I have but I'm guessing the pixels are too big?? Can I change that or not
    That I can do. I have downloaded Irfanview. You can google for it and download it. You can resize pictures and other stuff on there. It's free.

I have been told you can change the size on Paint too but I haven't tried that. I like my irfanview I think it is really easy.

You need to have a picture that is under 130 x130 in the profile I believe.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewingnewbie
    Rhonda...there is a spot when you go into your profile that says "from"...its about halfway down...that's where you put your state
    Thank you sewingnewbie for being so specific! I was ready to just forget it again! I'm not good with tech talk some times. It takes me awhile to figure things out when I don't know what I am doing. It can get frustrating!!

When I bought my computer 3 years ago I got so frustrated the day after I bought it I was ready to take it back to the store!! I felt so overwhelmed with how much there was to learn!!!! I was 50 not 20!!! My kids had computers at school we never did! I have learned a ton!!!!! in the last 3 years and I still get frustrated with not knowing what I need to know!!!

Here is a tutorial for using online resizing
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/17983.page

You may beed to refresh your screen or reboot if you don't see it showing up/

Oh God do I know all about getting frustrated with a new puter!! I still don't like using mine all that much cause I can't never get it to do what I want!!

All questions are good ones. We learn from what we ask and what others ask. Most of the time, I have questions, but I don't have enough info to be able to ask the right question! :?