Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sitting on the LR floor when. . . >

Sitting on the LR floor when. . .

Sitting on the LR floor when. . .

Old 07-09-2010, 07:56 AM

My kitty catches mice, moles, and bunnies along with the birds, and squirrels. The last time she presented me with a present, she had a bunny in her mouth and was at the window wanting in... no you can't bring the bunny in....she hasn't brought me a gift since :( but I see her hunting and catching critters in the yard.. :D I give her lots of praise for that :D
Old 07-09-2010, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
ROL!!! Welcome to MY world! So far this year we've had only 1 mouse. Last year we had 5 chipmunks, 2 birds come into the house courtesy of our felines!!!! Check out this story: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-23673-1.htm
Atleast it didn't touch me!!! UGGGGGH! Give me the shivers!! Where's the video for AFV? :lol: :lol:
Old 07-09-2010, 08:36 AM

Sammy got treats this morning, but nooooo kisses!!!! :shock: He was praised and was strutting around. I'm the man, I'm the man!! Sent son out into the sunroom and now he can't find the thing!!!! This is not getting better. Both SD & DH are going to go in there and turn everything upside down until it is properly disposed of!!
Old 07-09-2010, 11:04 AM

Well DS never found, so sent in DH. Still no sightings. OK where the h*** is it? It must have gotten out! :shock: OK how? I went absolutely postal!!!! :evil: Now the 3 of us are in there and furniture is being tipped upside down to make sure the critter didn't get in there. UCK!!! Now I'm instructing, move this and this and this. Well, buy golly, there it was!!!!! :shock: The best part is the thing was still alive!!!! Needless to say I headed for the hills!!! The cat just played with it last night. :roll: This time the cat got it and then DS got a container put it over him and transported this thing out of the house!!! ALL GONE!!!!! :thumbup:

Now I have a clean mouse free environment to go into for sewing. WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 06:11 PM

Chasing Hawk - I'll bet your kitty got a lot more out of reading Beowulf than I did!
Old 07-10-2010, 03:30 AM

Well, sewcrafty, maybe the mouse just wanted treats and a kiss too! LOL YUK :!: :!: :!:

My friend lives way out in the country, and her beloved dog brought her home a treat! A skunk :!: :!: :!: Needless to say, the skunk sprayed the dog. She didn't have tomatoe juice in the house, so rubbed the dog down in a couple of cans of tomatoe soup while her 2 kids were watching through the sliding door. The little one decided to open it and let the dog in. Thank God her oldest saw it and closed it before it was open enough to get in. Talk about what a funny video that would have been :!: :!:
I bet I would have heard Danielle screaming from my house 50 miles away!

I can just picture you running away and hiding on the kitchen table with a broom!

At least it didn't make a nest out of your quilt pieces (all those half-triangles from the Siggie Swap) :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 07-27-2010, 01:47 PM
Google Goddess

did you catch the mouse yet?

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
Originally Posted by quiltinghere
I can't stand those sneaky squeeky things - YUCK - I set tons of traps just to catch one!

When one is caught, I get someone else to get rid of it.
Girl, I'm totally with you!!! I have never had mice until this house. I think its because the garage is under the FR and they get in there somehow. I've plugged up stuff, plugged in stuff, put out traps, etc. Haven't seen one in a 1 1/2 years after that, so I'm wondering exactly how it did this. Maybe because of the heat.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:58 PM

We have 3 cats..they like to proudly bring their catches in to show us too..they get the short shift out the door again..lol. I don't mind mice (not in the house) but I can't stand spiders..luckily they don't bring them in..lol
Old 07-28-2010, 01:44 PM

I hate to think what my Willie cat would do if he caught a mouse. Just a couple of weeks ago, on a night when my husband was away, Willie brought his toy furry mouse in my bed in the middle of the night and I rolled over and laid my leg on it. That woke me up fast. But I should be used to it. He carries his toys all over the house. Yesterday I found an empty thread spool that he plays with in the bathroom sink.