Sjogren's Syndrome

Old 06-11-2011, 05:26 PM

Interesting reading all of this. I have been having elevated liver enzymes for 11 years now. Recently I've also developed dry eyes and mouth. I don't know if it is all related but it is getting scary. I do not drink, or smoke or drink diet drinks. The fat in my diet could use some cutting back and I am working on that, especially since now I am scared that my liver will fail if I don't change something. My dr. wants me to start on prednisone next week and I am worried about all the side effects. Would appreciate anything you might have to add to this.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:50 PM

I have dry mouth only at night. I also have lupus.. Will have to give the evoxac a try
Old 06-11-2011, 06:57 PM

I've been diagnosed with secondary Sjogren's meaning I have other autoimmune issues on top of it. It stinks. My liver enzymes were high for a while but they've been normal over the last year or so. The worst thing is that I'm tired a lot more than any other time of my life.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:01 PM

I also have Sjogren's, and have problems with dry eyes and mouth. Other than my RX meds, I used the gen teal eye drops. If I'm really having problems, I use the gel for contact lens, at night before I go to sleep. Have not had to many problems recently, but I'm sure it will get worse during the summer when we run the ceiling fans so much. It the fan is behind me, I'm okay, but I cannot sit in the living room and watch a movie with the ceiling fan going. It dries my eyes out way to much. Then hubby wonders why I won't stay in the room with him.. Go figure..