Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Small joys -

Power Poster

Small joys -

Finding enough matching buttons in the button box for the project

The bobbin thread runs out at the end of the seam

I find the dropped needle on/in the carpet before DH steps on it

Some of your small joys?

Teen-age grandson showed up at our door with a small rip in his new jeans and wondered if I could fix them. (his friend's dog did it) He took them off and sat in his underwear and visited with me while I repaired them.

Power Poster
    Today I found a scrap batting strip just the right size for my table runner.

Having an 18yo Eagle Scout grandson, helping me move. He's put shelves up, hooks in ceiling for hanging plants, lugging boxes and recruiting several of his fellow Eagles for the big move this weekend. He's going away to college next month. I'll miss him a lot and not only because of not seeing him until Thanksgiving and his help. He has a great sense of humor and is a funny kid. He's a joy to have around.

Blog Entries
    My hummingbird feeder was empty this morning, so I mixed up a new batch and when I went outside to hang it up there were a bunch of hummingbirds hovering around my head. So, I lifted up the feeder in the air and two brave birds landed on the feeder just a few inches from my face. I could actually feel the air that their wings was flapping. I could also hear them "peep" and "squeak".
    Nikki in MO

My Grandson, Devin, 12 years old, asked me to close a hole in his beloved "Lambie", a stuffed animal he got for $5. I didn't have any hand sewing needles with me, just my brand new Brother mechanical that I bought to use at his home.

Lambie would not stay still under the presser foot, so he has a "scar" on his back! Devin was happy with Lambie, scar and all.

Me, too. Giving him that moment of love makes me happy!
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

Taking a break from cleaning to sew a small project. I needed new curtains for my front door. Best part was getting to play on my treadle. She's so much fun!
    Singer 66 treadle, Singer 15-91, JC Penney 6923, Kenmore 50, White 2334, Brother 920D serger. RIP Singer 1036

Blog Entries
    My 20 something son telling me to Come....look at this rainbow. It took me back to my childhood when my dad came into the house after evening summer milking and called. Come ...look at the Northern Lights... A most brilliant show my 5 yo eyes had ever seen..I've only seen one other show as bright over 55 years later.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

A peaceful day...puddling around, making baby stuff for our latest (my husband's first) grandchild (arriving August) and generally enjoying a rainy day.

Blog Entries
    Hope I don't upset anyone this early in the morning, but getting our oldest cat Boots thru the day without him doing any upchucks.

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by sandy l View Post
    Hope I don't upset anyone this early in the morning, but getting our oldest cat Boots thru the day without him doing any upchucks.
    I can definitely relate to that one!

Or - if the cat did upchuck - one saw it before stepping in it!

2 of my granddaughters calling me last night to asking when they are coming over again so I can fix the arm on 1 of their little fairy dolls (a friend of Tinkerbell). It warms my heart to think they believe I can fix anything. They also asked me how to set the clock I gave them (it works with an iPhone)...over the phone. I had to tell them to ask their mom or stepdad that one or bring it back over next time they come.

3 of my granddaughters asking me when we are having another sewing lesson. So far this summer they have made an apron and 2 pincushions. The girls are 9, 9and 7. We have individual lessons on threading the machine, winding a bobbin, sewing straight seams, ironing without getting burned and most of all…having fun doing it! They have an adopted Auntie that’s having a baby soon. The next thing each girl willmake is at least 2 burp cloths for her and then a couple more to donate. I think it’s important for them to developthe love of giving.
    I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!

15 yr old granddaughter went to Youth World in Georgia. 2,400 kids attended. This was the first time she has ever attended something like this and was a great experience for her. She came out in the top 10%. So proud.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    That makes it good for both of you!! I feel for them when that happens.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    love it when my niece comes over if only for an hour or so with her yard sale finds. She checks out the estate sale ads. She's 10 and first thing she does is toss it into the washer. She's working on scrappies and has the 1/4" seam down pat. She has gotten to wear she can look at a seam and tell what size it is. Mom won't let me post her photo. She won't let me post her work.

Checking my tomato plants and finding no worms.
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but chuckle when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Power Poster
    The broccoli matured before the livestock got on it.

My 14 y/o granddaughter coming over at 1030 last night plopping herself in my bed an telling me she came to have a gran slumber party.

Blog Entries
    it always makes me happy when I don't step in it.
    fur balls are the grossest! (Just think how they feel)
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Waking up and opening up the windows and doors to low humidity after a heat wave with humidity in the 70's.

Waking up at 4 in the morning and realizing that I might just have enough fabric..... This was after yesterday's 'Oh NOOOO' moment when I looked at my calculations and realized my error.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

Doggies getting down to business promptly when I take them out! It's TOO HOT to hang around out there.

Blog Entries
    The quilting board being there every morning when I want to see "Whats Up??" and Not the bad news
    KEEP CALM and CARRY ON!!

Spending time with my grand daughters the oldest likes to give me her arm to hang on to just to keep me steady which is so thought full and the youngest asked for help to make a quilt.

pal
    Finding "I love you, Gram" written in the corner of my cutting mat after my little granddaughter went back to Florida.
    PACE - Positive Attitude Changes Everything

"All things are literally better, lovlier, and more beloved for the imperfections that reflect the human effort that went into their making."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast