Small World Coincidences

Old 02-15-2011, 02:16 PM

I was born in Hawaii in 1959 and went to High School(1977) in Tampa, Florida with a girl that was born the same day as me and in Hawaii, after checking with our Mom's we found out they shared a room.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:24 PM

This is even more amazing because Cordell, OK, is tiny!!

My SIL was in line to view the Sistine Chapel and met a woman from her hometown, Clinton, OK, pop. 8,000 (or so)...

Originally Posted by JanTx
My husband likes to fish and has a bass boat. He likes me to bring the trailer around for him to load the boat. I hate it. Long bed pick-up with a double cab and standard shift. BACKING down the boat ramp into the water to load the boat. I cried every time I had to do it until I found THE METHOD. I look around for a middle-aged male and ask, "Please, Sir, will you save my marriage?" Then ask the guy to back that stupid truck down the ramp. I've never been turned down. Anyway - one time at Table Rock Lake in Missouri I used THE METHOD. They guy I asked ended up in the water helping my husband load that boat. Once they looked at each other they realized they had gone to school together - in tiny Cordell, OK. Knew each other quite well, but had lost touch. So the guy living in S. Texas met the guy he'd known in OK in Missouri at the bottom of a boat ramp.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:41 PM

One day while in college, I received a phone call from my dad that my great-grandmother had passed away. After I hung up the phone, I went down the hall to see my then boyfriend (now hubby). He was just hanging up the phone after his mom called to say that HIS great-grandmother had passed away. Both ggma's on the same day. Both phone calls at the same time.

My ggpa, ggma, and gpa (their firstborn) all passed away on April 8th, but in the years of '79, '91, and '95 respectively.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:00 PM

Many years ago I was in the teacher's lounge and another teacher said something about her Aunt Venoy. (Now how usual a name is that?) Aunt Venoy? We had just been to visit my husband's Great Aunt Venoy in the northern part of Texas - Graham, Bryson, or Jacksboro, I don't remember which. Turns out it was the same Aunt Venoy. This was in El Campo, TX; husband from teeny tiny Cordell, OK (we would go shopping in the big town of Clinton :) ); I'm not sure where the other teacher was originally from. If we'd been talking about Aunt Mary we would never have found the family connection.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:16 PM

Here's a good one for you:
My dad's name was Walter T. Mitchell,
my brothers' name was Walter T. Mitchell
We lived on 62nd St. in Washington Park
My brother met & married:
Linda Mitchell who lived on 62nd St. in Fairmont City
Her Dad's name was Walter J. Mitchell
Her married name was Linda Mitchell.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:11 PM

My niece is in the same first grade class as the grandson of KarenBarnes (another board member). Their school desks are side-by-side.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:19 PM

Ok, so I don't have a baby connection, but....i made a quilt to be raffled at a church sale..About 10 years later, my daughter's boyfriend came home from college and somehow I ended up doing his laundry and there was the quilt from the church raffle...his grandmother had won it.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:05 PM

I was born in a small rural county in Nebraska. My grandparents had a ranch 7 miles from the only town in the county. My dad was a rancher in this same county until I was five. At that time he moved our family to the city. I grew up and married and remained in the same city but spent most of my summers with my family in the county where I was born. In 2002 I divorced. In 2004 I threw caution to the wind and tried online dating. I met a nice rancher and after several weeks of visiting back and forth I learned that he was from my home county. Turns out that my whole family knows him but I never did. We're still together for seven years now and I'm back home, where I belong, living just seven miles from my Grandparents old ranch ;)
Old 02-15-2011, 05:44 PM

My husband went on an out-of-town golf trip. During the tournament he played in a group that included a man from a town where we used to live. Imagine my surprise when I found out my husband played golf all weekend with my gynecologist. I didn't ask him what they talked about.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:53 PM

My grandparents both lived in Pennsylvania in small towns very close to one another. They were each visiting relatives in Illinois in the late 1800s and met there and later married....