SmartPhone users???

Old 07-12-2011, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by hobo2000
I have the Droid X on Verizon. My son had it first then he got the Iphone/Verizon and gave me the Droid. He wishes he had the Droid back, He says it does things faster and simpler than Iphone. Also, the GPS really works on Droid the Iphone only works sometimes. So far, I like the Droid. It is harder to get used to than my LG V-touch was. But its like a small computer, it does everything. I pay my bills, buy on Ebay.com pay with paypal. Read books, listen to my music. I just sold my laptop as I don't need it anymore. I have my Ipad and my Droid. Life is good.
What happens if you want to print something if you got rid of your computer? Obviously, I'm not acquainted with smartphones, but heard on radio there are less computer sales because of them.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:55 AM

I have a Blackberry Curve. We also have Sprint as a carrier.
I love that I can download my granddaughters pictures on it and have a little photo album with me at all times. I love some of the apps my husband has put on it.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:04 AM

I hate that the phone is smarter than me!
Old 07-12-2011, 07:19 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by polly13
Originally Posted by hobo2000
I have the Droid X on Verizon. My son had it first then he got the Iphone/Verizon and gave me the Droid. He wishes he had the Droid back, He says it does things faster and simpler than Iphone. Also, the GPS really works on Droid the Iphone only works sometimes. So far, I like the Droid. It is harder to get used to than my LG V-touch was. But its like a small computer, it does everything. I pay my bills, buy on Ebay.com pay with paypal. Read books, listen to my music. I just sold my laptop as I don't need it anymore. I have my Ipad and my Droid. Life is good.
What happens if you want to print something if you got rid of your computer? Obviously, I'm not acquainted with smartphones, but heard on radio there are less computer sales because of them.
there are apps available to allow this, at least for iPhone. Maybe for the others. You need a wireless printer - not all of them will work, though. But it is doable.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:38 AM

With Verizon your Friends and Family contacts can be on any service and they are still free. At least that is the way it is here.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:56 AM

What happens if you want to print something if you got rid of your computer? Obviously, I'm not acquainted with smartphones, but heard on radio there are less computer sales because of them.[/quote]

My smart phone is just a way to remain connected via e-mail, my laptop is still my primary piece of equipment. I use my DriodX when I cannot use my laptop as I do not currently have electric on my property -- my phone allows me to read e-mail and respond if necessary, therefore, I can delete read e-mails but when I have access to electric I use my laptop for research and file storage, as well as, printing quilt patterns for which I can cut fabric in preparation for piecing quilts on my treadle or handcrank machine. Having a smart phone and laptop allows me to have more flexibility.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:48 AM

I have a Blackberry Bold on Verizon and an Iphone 3G on AT&T for work. I work in the IT Dept. and support on users on these models. I have a Droid on Verizon for personal use. All have unlimited data plans.

The Blackberry is great for the business user, especially the international traveler as we can easily change them to a global plan. I like the Droid very much, but I have one only because we got a 2 for 1 special when my husband needed a new phone.

My favorite is the the iphone and when it comes time to replace my Droid, I will get one. I also support iPad users at work so it's easy for me to switch between the iphone and the ipad as the operating systems are so similar.

I use all of them to check email. My iphone and ipad have personal programs on them such as checkbook register and password keepers.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:49 AM

I have Iphone 4 on Verizon. Love the phone and Verizon network is the very best for coverage, I think. We travel alot and we never have a problem.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:55 AM

My husband and I each have an Iphone 3GS, with AT&T. We are very satisfied with both the phones and the service.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:59 PM

I have an iPhone3 with AT&T and have had it for a year and half. My whole family have iPhones and my next phone will be an iPhone. Love the ability to connect to the internet and my email, send email and/or text messages, take pictures and video. Video'd my granddaughter's 8th grade graduation and a grandson's talent show act. I have had a cell phone close to 20 yrs starting with a bag phone and going up every two/three years. Besides the whole family jave iPhones on AT&T.