snakes alive

Old 08-20-2011, 07:53 AM

I remember when I was young, my aunt and uncle moved into an old farmhouse. Every morning, she'd find snakes wrapped up in the silverware and towel drawers and wherever, I was so scared to stay overnite there.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:21 AM

So I go to do the laundry this morning and I get to thinking about this topic. The outside door thats in the laundry room was left open yesterday for about 10 minutes. So I was reluctant to go in my laundry room, even more reluctant to stick my hand in the laundry basket! Shew! I did three loads with my radar up! LOL....hope you find your snake!
Old 08-20-2011, 09:40 AM

Humph!! I hope you lose your snake PERMENANTLY!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Power Poster

I'm on the the other side of the coin here on this one. I too found a snake in my wash room a few years ago. A brand spankin' new born ring neck snake. I'll have to find the picture to post. What a beautiful little thing. It is all black with a bright yellow ring around its neck. I had to look up what kind it is. I'm used to seeing garter snakes and copper heads, black racers and this one was new to me.

I do hope you find the critter and get it removed from your home without harm to anyone if possible. Just send it packing!
peace
Old 08-20-2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by mltquilt
You are braver than me. I would have been so out of the house.

mltquilt
Big Ditto!!!!!! I HATE Snakes, live, dead, rubber, pictures. Can't imagine one in my house. Looks like nightmares tonight. YIKES>
Old 08-20-2011, 05:44 PM

Have you taken pics? I want to see this snake.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by joyce blint
I remember when I was young, my aunt and uncle moved into an old farmhouse. Every morning, she'd find snakes wrapped up in the silverware and towel drawers and wherever, I was so scared to stay overnite there.
you wouldn't get me to even walk into that house much less stay in it. OMG
Old 08-20-2011, 06:36 PM

My husband would be of no use! He screams like a girl when he sees a snake. A big 6ft 4in 250lb girl!!
Old 08-20-2011, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by kwiltamomma
Made it through the night! still cannot find snake, kinda hate to move since my quilty stuff is here. I think I will take the idea of putting flour on floor to see if he slithers through. ewwww, I know I am not brave enough to pick it up. DH bought sticky board and put in laundry room. I am sure snake is not happy and I will gladly hold the door open for him to leave.
We can help you get new quilty stuff! Although I do like the idea of the flour!
I was pregnant with our second child and was sitting on our screened in porch with my a good friend, and our little cocker spotted something, it was a snake that slithered in thru the doors. I seen him squeeze thru the rubber seal. My friend being a country gal said we can get it, and I told her "good thing your a nurse because I may just have this baby now!!!" We went into the house and slid the big expensive patio doors shut. I paid good money for them, so the snake can't get thru was my reasoning! My DH was at work, neighbors of course were all gone too! My cocker wanted to flush it out but it was behind some boxes that I was donating. I brought my cocker in the house, he can protect me from here! Finally, a neighbor guy came home, never was a friendly guy, and he didn't want to get the snake either! I must of look pathetic, & sad and very pregnant so he finally agree. He put it in a bucket and my dh came home and release him! Next time I will get a gun!!!!!!!! I hate snakes! Ran over the one in my drive the other day! My DH couldn't believe I did that! Hey, that thing shouldn't have been anywhere near my car! Serves him right!

:-o :-) :-) :thumbup:
Old 08-20-2011, 07:39 PM

Get you a Jack Russell dog! No snake can survive around them. A Jack Russell will sniff that snake out in a heart beat. Trust me!

I have a Jack Russell outside and it isn't nothing to find a snake that she killed. One day I heard her out there barking and I went to the door, there was a snake coiled up moving its head back and forth as my Jack Russell moved, jack russell looked up at me and pounced on that snake and grab her by the neck and shook it and shook it. Dead snake!!!!

I keep her in a kennel now because she will also dig up moles and kill them. She made such a mess of my yard digging nose size holes that I had to put her in a kennel. I have found 2 snakes in the kennel, that she pulled in and killed.

Get you a Jack Russell, all I have to do is let her out of the pin and say Dolly, get it, get it girl and she goes bolistic! She gets it too! :thumbup: