snakes alive

Old 08-20-2011, 07:50 PM

While visiting my sister-in-law one time I took a shower in their basement bathroom. When I was finished and dressed she asked me if I had noticed the tongs (like for cooking) in the shower. She said she should have told me they were there for picking up a snake if it happened to come out of the drain. I'm just as glad she "forgot" to inform me!!
Old 08-21-2011, 04:52 AM

You won't believe this, still have not found our snake and last night DH woke up and said I hear something. I started looking for snake in bedroom and he said it is not a snake. It was a bat!!! Thankfully he was able to get it and take it outside.
I am moving!! What is going on with critters wanting to live in my house?
Old 08-21-2011, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by ljsunflower
Have you taken pics? I want to see this snake.
I would like to find him again so I can take a picture, but first I would figure out how to get him outside where he belongs!! Nothing worse then not knowing where he is in the house!
I did put flour on the floor as suggested but it does not look like he has slithered through it. UGH!
Old 08-21-2011, 05:01 AM

I betcha that snake is long gone by now. You probably have already scarred it to death and don't even know it.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by hpylady
I betcha that snake is long gone by now. You probably have already scarred it to death and don't even know it.
thank you, I do hope it is gone. I am not a dog person but this may be making me one. Sounds like Dolly does a great job.
I love your words at the end of your posts!
Old 08-21-2011, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by davis2se
Yikes - get your sewing machine(s) and all fabric out, and then burn the house down!!!!!
that is funny!!

:lol:
Old 08-21-2011, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by grandme26
Garden snake is harmless. If you are afraid to touch him pick him up with a long stick or something.
I live in the country on a lake in Il. by a river too! Yuk, bound to see a few snakes. Harmless, yes. Hate them still!
Old 08-21-2011, 05:35 AM

As long as a non venomous snake is in your house you will never have rodents. They earn their keep and then some. They hide from people and won't startle your guests, they don't smell, leave smelly poop in your cupboards and chew up your batting and fabric like mice will. Roll out the welcome mat!
Old 08-21-2011, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by kwiltamomma
Originally Posted by hpylady
thank you, I do hope it is gone. I am not a dog person but this may be making me one. Sounds like Dolly does a great job.
I love your words at the end of your posts!
Thanks! Dolly is worth her weight in gold, that is for sure! (You wanna borrow her)? lol

That quote at the bottom of my posts is mainly because, all my life I have seen people poke fun at people that were overweight and some that had some kind of abnormalty. I remember telling these teasers that that person didn't choose to be born that way, its the way God made them and if you tease, God could let some unfortunate accident happen to them, then they might have this abnormalty. I remember telling little friends of mine that even at an early age.

It would just break my heart to see someone else's feelings get hurt and still does. I have never had a weight problem (except right now, I am getting a little poppy tummy and flabby underarms) but I have always been pretty normal I think. I know how your heart hurts when your feelings get hurt and how one could feel down on itself. I always tell that one this quote and I really mean every word of it.

Anyway, I didn't mean to take away from your thread, but I do hope that snake is GONE! :)
Old 08-21-2011, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by kit'smamma
As long as a non venomous snake is in your house you will never have rodents. They earn their keep and then some. They hide from people and won't startle your guests, they don't smell, leave smelly poop in your cupboards and chew up your batting and fabric like mice will. Roll out the welcome mat!
The snake may not leave a mess but I would if I ever saw one in my house!!!!