snakes alive

Old 08-18-2011, 09:07 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 08-19-2011, 03:24 AM

Made it through the night! still cannot find snake, kinda hate to move since my quilty stuff is here. I think I will take the idea of putting flour on floor to see if he slithers through. ewwww, I know I am not brave enough to pick it up. DH bought sticky board and put in laundry room. I am sure snake is not happy and I will gladly hold the door open for him to leave.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by needles3thread
I like your barn avatar...........I don't like the snake story because I am afraid of them.
Thanks, my barn mural was a birthday surprise this week from my family.
I came home from a trip and it was on the barn with a blanket covering it. The best present ever!
Old 08-19-2011, 03:29 AM

snakes are no problem for me. Used to collect them with my kids when they were younger............... spiders, that's another story!
Old 08-19-2011, 03:47 AM

Do you have a cat or dog? I'll bet they could flush him out. Since it is a harmless snake, they wouldn't be in any danger. By the way, ifyou don't have a dog or cat, maybe you could "borrow" one :)
Old 08-19-2011, 03:57 AM

Can we PLEASE, not have any more snake stories on here? I am so scared of them that even the sories almost give me a heart attack!....LOL....sorry about your laundry room incident...hope you get that critter.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:09 AM

and its just as scared of you as you are of it. call one of those animal control people. truthfully, a garter snake wont hurt you, maybe it was chasing a mouse.. awww, no excuses its gotta go!! so see if you can get that animal control there.

I am not going to get close enough to find out if a snake is poisoneous or not. a reminder though, if its head is diamond shaped, stay away from it!
Old 08-19-2011, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by kwiltamomma
I have a snake in my laundry room. My son-in-law won't answer his phone and DH won't be home for hours. The snake saw me and took off. I guess I will set guard so he won't move into the other part of house. I am not happy!
OMG, I'd be movinig out of the house until it was caught. NO WAY would the snake and I live in the same house.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:57 AM

I feel your pain!!! I had a garter snake in my basement!(mind you I have 4 cats who sleep in the basement every night!! they were no help at all) I was told moth balls,lots of them, would to rid snakes. Well, we placed moth balls in the hole under floor (rooms added in the basement) where the snake was seen escaping to. Maybe just coincidence, or bad luck, the next morning I found the snake UPSTAIRS in my kitchen! (did I mention snakes REally creep me out?!) It was in front of an open sliding glass door looking out. Not sure if it came up stairs due to hunger, dislike of the moth ball scent or because it smelled fresh air. We kept still and watched it so it wouldn't disappear to another part of the house. I called a neighbor who came over, popped a box over the snake and dragged it outside on the rug the snake was on.

Thankfully I have seen no other snakes and I hope it stays that way! Good luck!
Old 08-19-2011, 05:22 AM

I would have been out of the house so fast there would have been a trail of smoke! I have a phobia about snakes.