snow is on it's way

Old 01-31-2011, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
just back from getting food...and some extra piddle pads for Tink...I would never find her in the drifts...
The weatherman says that we will be getting at least 18". They are talking about it being worse than the blizzard of '67. That was really bad and shut down the city for nearly a week. I was a kid, but...the pictures that M&D have have the snowup to the top of the fence. I was sitting on the top bar of the swingset and my feet were on the snow....
One of my college roommates _younger than me_ got caught in that '67 snow and had to spend the night at her highschool. Not as much fun as she expected it to be. She had great stories to tell of people helping each other and making the best of the situation. Her father was trying to drive home and got as far as a farmhouse out in the country which was also a day-care center. He helped with the babies and toddlers for 2 days. The owner was grateful for his help and he was grateful to leave!
Old 01-31-2011, 05:20 PM

Did errands today, so went and got groceries also. Not that I can't go out; but who wants to, when we can stay home where it is warm and cozy in some comfy sweatpants.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:23 PM

We are stocked up and ready to hole up. We are only supposed to get 6" of snow, but wind chills are going to be brutal; will probably close schools due to wind chill factor. Also have puppy pads for little dogs and am feeding 5 feral cats. What a great time to sew.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by chickadeee55
Yeah, I know it has been snowing all day here, but it won't be as bad as some of the other states.

I vote for winter to be over!
I second this vote!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 05:30 AM

Down here in New Mexico it is cold and snowy..it's the coldest I've been since we moved here...7 degrees this morning and DH has to work outside all day..
Old 02-01-2011, 05:41 AM

Expecting lots of snow here near Detroit too. Oh, joy! It was kinda fun when my kids were little, but now I just hate driving in it!!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: Maybe I'll just hitch a ride to work with DH in his 4WD tomorrow. :roll:

Stay in and stay warm.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-166322.jpe  
Old 02-01-2011, 05:49 AM

OK folks, it is -17 windchill here now with snow and blowing snow all over the place. We don't have a whiteout yet.
I look outside more than normal to see if any animals need rescuing. The wind blew something into the side of the van last night.
I am so glad I'm retired and don't have to go to work.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:54 AM

I will be think and praying for all you ladies in this bad weather. I an on the coast in Texas and we don't experience near what you all do. We are having record low temps for the rest of the week with possibility of snow. So all of you please stay warm and safe.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:05 AM

One thing I love about my job...SNOW DAYS! I work at a nearby high school and today all the schools in our area are closed because of the weather! Wouldn't be surprised if we are tomorrow also.
I'm working on organizing a sewing/scrapbooking room so this gives me a full day to do that! No hubby around! Poor guy...his work never closes!
Old 02-01-2011, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by buslady
As long as everyone is safe, I actually look forward to this storm, if we get it. I have to work and if it gets really bad we will get to stay home. And I will get to sew all day!! Do you blame me?
I certainly can't blame you! I would enjoy it too! Stay safe and warm and enjoy your time at home. Happy sewing!