snow is on it's way

Old 02-01-2011, 07:12 AM

it has arrived in Michigan...was going to painting class, no way 20 minute drive and I'm not that brave. LOL
Old 02-01-2011, 07:39 AM

It's 3 here with windchill of -28 and almost a whiteout. I'm eating a bacon, egg, cheese sandwich and glancing out the window.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by tomilu
It's 3 here with windchill of -28 and almost a whiteout. I'm eating a bacon, egg, cheese sandwich and glancing out the window.
sounds like a winner :thumbup:
Old 02-01-2011, 07:54 AM

Yesterday, on the way home from work, I went to get gas and to the grocery store. What a madhouse. I'm off work today and Weds. so I don't have to leave. Last night we got about an inch and the big snow is coming tonight. Since hubby works as a county plow driver, I'll be on my own. Today, I'm going to get gas for the generator and some gallons of water, just in case we lose power. Looks like I'll be sewing and watching it snow.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by LoisN
They are predicting 12-20 inches of snow for northeast Missouri with 1/2 to 1 inch of ice first. Can't wait! Actually I could wait. DH is in Germany all week, so I don't think I'll be venturing out any time soon. I did make a fabric run yesterday to be sure I didn't run out of projects to complete. haha (got food too)
Couldn't help but notice you put your fabric before your food. You ARE a true-blue quilter!! :wink: Stay safe, stay warm, and quilt to your heart's content. Is it spring yet??? NOT :cry: I am so ready for spring. I start freezing at 50 degrees. I'm feeling your pain with this ice and snow. Hope the sun shines soon for you. (((hugs)))
Old 02-01-2011, 10:05 AM

I did the same thing. And the lady at the wal-mart fabric area said she didn't understand people buying material before the storm. I told her I didn't want to be stuck at home with nothing to work on. She was much happier by the time I left and she had made a big sale. And the blizzard is here and I am online instead of quilting. LOL!
Old 02-01-2011, 11:51 AM

Tink is adorable, I have a 2lb yorkie and 2 doxies and I so wish they would use "piddle pads" They are soooo bad when the weather gets cold.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:03 PM

Right now the snow and wind are working overtime here.
I live near Ft. Wood, Mo just off I-44 and it is slick here . Been out 3 times to check on my 28 year old horse who,lives about 2 miles from us. She has been smart enough to stay under the leanto and not get out in the snow. Don't know if we will be able to get there very easliy tomorrow. Our Honda CR-V is good but I do not know if it that good after we get the rest of the snow. We are at approx. 4-5 of snow with sleet under the snow. I think the weather man said more coming next Saturday too :-( :roll:
Old 02-01-2011, 02:06 PM

live north of Columbia MO and have heard I-70 is closed from St Louis to Kansas City!!! \
Old 02-01-2011, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
just back from getting food...and some extra piddle pads for Tink...I would never find her in the drifts...
The weatherman says that we will be getting at least 18". They are talking about it being worse than the blizzard of '67. That was really bad and shut down the city for nearly a week. I was a kid, but...the pictures that M&D have have the snowup to the top of the fence. I was sitting on the top bar of the swingset and my feet were on the snow....
I remember that storm too. We were all so happy to be out of school for a few days. LOL