Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Snowed In

23 below this morning is enough to make me want to stay in, but life goes on, so I did have to go out. Brrr. I have 2 quilts to FMQ before I can start anything new. They aren't going as well as usual - batting is thicker than I usually use.

Blog Entries
    I'm working on some of those projects I've been putting off . I have done some --- more to go .

good luck to you all

The cold is getting to me too! I have a long living room and the cold end is where my laptop is . Typing this with fingerless gloves on! Upstairs is warm, different zone, but no sewing machine up there. My downstairs heat is having problems, fortunately warmer temps are predicted and then it will be able to keep up.

We have lots of snow here in Idaho. It's cold but not below freezing. I recently lost my husband so I am learning to use the snowblower and I have to admit it's fun. My driveway looks like a drunk plowed it but I'm learning. I haven't quilted or sewed anything since March because I was my husband's care giver, so I have lots of Christmas quilting to do. I am hopefully going to start on a new winter rag quilt for my bed. then tackle the bin full of kits I have.
    The joy of the Lord is my strength.

Weather! First too cold for this time of year, then too warm - 51 today melted the snow and made lakes all over, now the temp is dropping fast. The entire area will be a skating rink in the morning. I have a few errands, but they can wait.

We haven't had more than 3 inches of snow all winter so far. It has been cold, windy at times and rainy but nothing like last year.

This time last year we had this..........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

We had that last week, but yesterday I saw the ground. We got some snow along with the ice overnight.

We aren't snowed in, but we've had & soon will have again some cold weather. I'm in the middle of detailing my son's outdoorsy quilt & wouldn't you know developed tennis elbow, so have to go easy on my arm. I can't do much quilting as it's a queen sized quilt, but not working on it is giving me withdrawals!! I usually quilt every day! I did make two pillowcases to go with the quilt from the extra fabric left over! Big sigh...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2