So sorry.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:16 AM

I live in a fire area too here in Grants Pass. OR. We are at MODERATE risk at this time and I am hoping that we don't get the dry lightning that is forecast for next week. We are grateful for our firefighters who risk their lives to save others.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:26 AM

also in Oregon, I wish that all the people with money who tell us we cannot cut or even thin all this forest stuff would put their heads on straight. mother nature has a good way of keeping things corralled, the native americans could not fight it happening and let it go. it was never as devastating as it is now. we cannot save these forests for our children's children's children no matter how hard we try. we are paying for the "booklearning" that forestry big wigs learned and stffed down our throats. don't get me wrong, I live where timber used to be one of the major industries and I now look at all the trees, and the ones that keep coming and I fear every summer because of the thoughts of the destruction that will eventually come. thousands and thousands of $ that could have been spent for good use is wasted fighting fires that should be just small blazes if properly taken care of...... (sorry if I offend anyone, but mother nature does a good job of taking care of her products. too bad that humans cannot do as good a job. )
Old 07-03-2013, 12:02 PM

Our firefighter first responders have really sacrificed this year: 12 in West, TX, 4 In Houston, TX, and now 19 in Arizona.
Houston sends our thoughts and prayers to all of their families and loved ones.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:41 AM

We all where so sad to hear that on the news. Our prayers to there familys ..... they will be missed.