Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: so very cold here

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
    I'm getting cold just reading these posts! It's 31 here. I think there is some wintry weather in our forecast for Thursday...sleet, snow. Hope everyone finds a way to stay warm.

Ew, I need to watch the weather, I hadn't seen that. I think I have reached my quota for snow and cold.

Look where I live. I woke up to 28 outside. Ladies this is cold for us. I don't even own a coat. So it is sweat shirts for me today. Yesterday it was 72. wolph33 Please stay warm.

it's 48 here this morning but very foggy out and believe it or not, i'm cold. forecast of 75 this afternoon. i was born and raised in Illinois so I remember what cold feels like but I've lived here for 50 years and love it. So yall stay in and try to stay warm in Minnesota and New York etc or you could hop a plane and come to west texas, lol.
    love people and use things, don't use people and love things

One of the problems of living in Florida is you get so used to the warm you freeze at 75! That's sweatshirt weather for me!
    I'm so sorry about your cold as it will affect so many people.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
    Susan

Yes, it has been a few years since we have had what I think of as a "normal" cold spell here in Minnesota. Should get into the 20's by Saturday tho. And we are getting close to February, then I start to think of March and Spring. Yeaaaaaa.

It is cold here too in Eastern NY. Right now at 8:05am it is only 3 degrees...burrrrr.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Whoa. We're in the Milwaukee area and it's not that cold. Coldest temps, -4. Great time to be sewing.

I was us cold thinking about it being 17 here. Stay warm all you guys and stay home if you can!
    Penny
    Country 1

-1 here but due to get colder as the week goes by. It's 53 in the house right now, I'm just waiting for our wood stove to get it warmed up, it's usually around 64 in here during the cold spells.

minus 15 this morning brrr we need a heat wave
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Wolph33.. you live in my area..we are under the windchill warning area...not just the advisory area. My poor son's wife woke him up freezing... the furnance stopped working and it was only 44 in the house...She said the only reason she did not wake sooner...they sleep under one of my nice toasty warm quilts. lol Stay warm...ok well try..
    Faye

Quote Originally Posted by wolph33 View Post
    minus 25 now and house is 66-wearing my long johns and 2 shirts.stay warm every one.all the schools are closed up here too-minus 49 with wind chill.
    You're not alone, Ontario, Canada is also in a deep freeze. When I got up this morning it was -40 Celsius (without the wind chill) & tonight it is going to be the worst. We have a wind chill warning in effect & temps should drop closer to at least -50 Celsius !! School buses have been grounded for 2 days & I am sure tomorrow also they will not be running. Ice crystals are still in the air which makes it hard to see. Visibility is only a couple of hundred feet so everyone needs to be extra vigilant & the roads are not thawing so they are all like sheer ice. I live in northeastern Ontario so our temps are always much colder than the southern part of our Province. Stay warm & this too shall pass. The good thing - we get lots of things done in the house like 2 quilts that I need in the next 2 weeks.
    Dance like no one is watching

Didn't think about it until i read this. It says its 25F outside. Hmm a little cold for me . I like about 60 .. Although I think the other day when I went to the store in shirt sleeves at 32F I was the only one. Just can't see getting all bundled up when I go from the car to the store and back and then into the house. I don't like to drive that way too restricting

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    We have an inversion going on in the western part of Colorado, so we are cold as well. Wood stove is going, broke a record of 22 + days of minus temperatures since the records started for this area. Cannot wait for the next storm to come in with some high winds to blow the inversion out and we start getting at least in the 30's during the day. So ready for Spring . Hope you all warm up soon as well !
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    You must be so cold! Our place feels cold inside when it is in the 20s outside. Brrrr

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

It's 16 degrees here right now with a high today of only 18. Much too cold for me.

In that kind of cold it is son nice to be inside and quilting whether sewing quilt tops or putting doing the quilting to finish the quilt. Stay warm.

Quote Originally Posted by wolph33 View Post
    minus 25 now and house is 66-wearing my long johns and 2 shirts.stay warm every one.all the schools are closed up here too-minus 49 with wind chill.
    -25 here to, but it is -33 with windchill, good sewing weather.

We live in mid Wisconsin and from mid-night till 1:30 A.M. we thawed kitchen pipes out. Found out the cat broke a small window in the basement ( he must have missed his call to the warm barn) and this is why the pipes froze. At 1:30 A.M. DH had to take a shower, he got wet handling the wet towels I was handing him. When we first got married this house was so cold, we lived in the kitchen, one bed room & a bathroom. Not too bad for a few days, but when we had more kids and it lasted for 2 mos. it was hard. Last night brought back the good old days. This land was aquired in 1874, one year before we became a state. Don`t know the yr. the house was built, but it`s made of log. By the way it`s much warmer in here now, after 54 yrs.

We live in mid-Wis. and from mid-night till 1:30A.M. we thawed out kitchen pipes. Found out the cat broke a small window in the basement, (must have missed his call to the warm barn). DH had to take a shower to warm up at 1:30. This brought back times when we were first married and in winter we lived in only the kitchen, sm. bed room & a bath. It wasn`t so bad for a few days, but after we have kids and the cold spell lasted a mo or 2 it was hard. Our land was aquired in 1847 in the territory of Wis. We became a state the next yr. Don`t know when the house was built. but it`s made of log. After many changes and 54 yrs the house is beautiful and warm!

OMGosh I can't imagine how cold those temps are. I've never been in snow living in Australia the coldest winter night we have had was -2 Celsius and I have trouble getting out of a warm bed when it is 4 degrees C in the morning. We are on the eastern seaboard of New South Wales about 70ks north of Sydney. I guess you get used to the seasons where you live. I think I'd just have to hibernate for the winter like bears do. Keep warm everyone.
    Everyday is a good day for Quilting!

Here in Southern UK we are just about at freezing point and have had a few inches of snow on the ground for a week now.
    For us here it is really cold. Just cannot believe how cold it gets across the pond. I hope all you quilters are able to keep warm and dry during this next few weeks!
    maker of the 'Oh Dear Jane' Quilt, or should I say trying to the the maker of it?

In NC . It is the 20's here. Calling for snow on fri. We are usually in the 30' s to 40' s here. Glad we are not in the below 0. We have a wood stove and I stay inside. Hope every one stays warm.

So I guess now is not the time to tell you it hit 75 here in TX today!

Blog Entries
    Here in New Orleans, we have been having lots of rain and temps in the 30's and 40's. I like the cold weather, but don't like the rain with it. I know you guys up north have really cold weather, but this is cold for us.

I saw on the news this evening that the people in New Jersey are still in tents and the temperature is in the low 20's. They have given them space heaters to keep warm. I feel so bad for them, they must be really suffering a lot. I surely hope it won't be too long before they can get back into their homes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast