soap for leg cramps

Old 06-04-2011, 07:46 AM

Day Two: still no cramps at night!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Power Poster

I bought some Ivory bar soap yesterday after reading this.

Figure it's worth a try - if it works, wonderful!

If not - will only have DH asking (paraphrased) "Why is this bar of soap between the sheets?"
Old 06-04-2011, 01:43 PM

It WORKS!!! Why I have no idea. But it does need to be changed occasionally...and we find "square" bars work best.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:32 PM

This was one I laughed at too but my friend tried it first and their cramps quit. So now we don't leave home with out it. We still cramp once in a blue moon but not very often. My husband sometimes get them in his shins if he does a lot of up and down in a job at home.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:15 PM

Well , soap held to my arthritic knees helps !!
Old 06-04-2011, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by scrappy sue
I have suffered from leg cramps for years. I've tried about everything including the soap under the sheets. The thing that works for me is putting a dry bath towel in the microwave for approx 2 1/2 minutes then wrapping my leg in the hot towel. Takes only a short time to relieve the cramps.
Just be careful you don't catch it on fire!
Old 06-04-2011, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by dojo36
Quinine is no longer available----------no matter how much you want it. Except in quinine soda.
Quinine IS STILL available with prescription from ur doctor. If you read my earlier post, i get mine in Canada, it's cheaper there, with a prescription of course. my friend here gets hers from local drug store and it's covered by her insurance plan.. also quinine soda doesn't have enough mg of quinine to do any good and neither does that stuff they sell at drug stores, i think it has like 1mg. mine are 320 mg. and they do the trick for sure.
and i have another friend who gets hers in Canada too. so if anybody wants the pharmacy address and phone number, just pm me and i'll give it to you.
donna[/quote]

Not from our doctor. No matter how much you beg and whine and plead!
Old 06-04-2011, 09:32 PM

Quinine is no longer available----------no matter how much you want it. Except in quinine soda.
Quinine IS STILL available with prescription from ur doctor. If you read my earlier post, i get mine in Canada, it's cheaper there, with a prescription of course. my friend here gets hers from local drug store and it's covered by her insurance plan.. also quinine soda doesn't have enough mg of quinine to do any good and neither does that stuff they sell at drug stores, i think it has like 1mg. mine are 320 mg. and they do the trick for sure.
and i have another friend who gets hers in Canada too. so if anybody wants the pharmacy address and phone number, just pm me and i'll give it to you.
donna[/quote]

Not from our doctor. No matter how much you beg and whine and plead!
Old 06-05-2011, 10:01 AM

No, this helps my restless leg syndrome.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:59 PM

donna[/quote]

I sent you a PM.