Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Soap Scum on bathroom showers >

Soap Scum on bathroom showers

Soap Scum on bathroom showers

Old 04-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by NancyG
Originally Posted by cathyvv
Buy a squeegee and tell your niece to squeegee the shower and the shower door (if you have one) after every shower. That prevents the build up of soap scum.

You can also just use a towel to wipe it down after each shower. With this method you also have to have a place to hang the towel so it dries during the day.

I do this every day. In addition to preventing unwanted buildup, it stretches just about my entire body. Two for the price of one!
That is exactly what I do. Squeegy and wipe down everyday. It's a pain at the time, but well worth it. You will never have to use elbow grease to clean your glass shower doors.
We've been doing that for years and it all looks new, except for the shower floor which we scrub periodically. Well, DH scrubs!
Old 04-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Power Poster

Plain old white vinegar. That is how I clean my showers and windows.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:57 PM

CLR works wonders, I was away for a month, and well my bathroom (house did not get cleaned) and that is what I resorted to and it cleaned it up real quick and easy!

TreeFrog
Old 04-12-2011, 05:57 PM

I had the same problem yesterday! I used old fashioned Borax that I had in my cupboard. It took it off without much effort. Safe, natural and clean.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Linda Renfro
I've been watching this site for several months now and I've learned alot from you folks...well I have a question that I hope someone can help me with and I can learn some more tricks. We have a build up of soap scum on our guest bathroom that I just discovered today...(my neice lives with us and uses that bathroom) how in the world do I remove it? Does anyone have any sure fire ways that really work to remove that stuff? All info is greatly appreciated.
Once you get it clean, use "Clean Shower" after every shower. This stuff really works! I have a clear vinyl shower curtain, and I use it on that, too. Unbelievable how well this stuff works. You would think that I bought the shower curtain yesterday it is so clean!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
OMgosh. I have found out by using the Scrubble Bubbles shower spray that it comes right out. You spray it on and let it sit about 5 minutes and then rinse. It even takes off the water residue from the shower doors, etc. It's worth the cost too. You can buy one that goes around by itself but I use the one to use when you get out once a week. I am so happy. Even shines up the faucets. Hope this works for you.♥♥
The Dollar stores have their own its cheaper and works the same as the high price stuff I've used both
Old 04-13-2011, 04:14 AM

to loosen the scum, after you shower take a new dryer sheet (Bounce seems to work best) and wipe down the shower door and/or tiles ... the next time you shower do it again and everything should be gone ... from then on I wipe the shower quickly every so often after I shower ... everything is gone!
Old 04-13-2011, 04:21 AM

A sure way to keep it off is to dry the walls and faucet after every use.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:51 AM

This is what I do too. Works great!!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:19 AM

It's works like Lime Away, only it's called
THE WORKS. You can get it at the Dollar Tree. Just don't get it on any metal like your faucets.
I don't like to spray it on because of the fumes. I soak it on an old cloth, wipe it on, wait 1 minute and wipe it off, no elbow grease needed.
I keep it in both my bathrooms because my grandkids are pigs when they come in to take a bath at night.
The kids, 4 of them, are grounded this week because they took a shovel out of the garage and dug a 3 foot wide, 3 foot deep hole in my yard. They were looking for treasure. I wouldn't let them in the house, had to hose them off outside before they could come in.