Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Somebody spilled the Beans!! >

Somebody spilled the Beans!!

Somebody spilled the Beans!!

Old 01-23-2011, 06:59 PM

Okay, it's late on Sunday night and I want to know how the party went! That is, if it is over!

Diane
Old 01-23-2011, 08:27 PM

Ah, hon, I'm so sorry that happened to you. Some people aren't happy unless they make someone else unhappy.

The truly sad thing here is that your BIL must be a very UNhappy person himself. Most people want others to share in their unhappiness. I feel so sorry for him. He messed up an important day for you, but obviously has a messed up LIFE!!!!!

What a shame for you.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:40 PM

The party was great anyway. I am trying to figure out how to upload pics to the board. Can someone PM me and explain please?????
Old 01-24-2011, 01:07 PM

Here are some pics. The cake was a replica of our original one made by the same lady even. We had a really good time and tons of food.
DH slaughtered a pig. He cut it into 4 large pieces per side and then take out all the bones and stuff it into large metal pans as tightly as it will fit. then my SIL and DD put it on the BBQ at midnight the night before and cooked it all night. 8-10 hours later at around 250-270 degrees you take it off and open the lids and you literally can just take it out of the pan and push down on a chunk of meat and it falls apart. So we had pulled pork ,baked beans, all kinds of salads, homemade pickles (3 kinds) asst. veggies and dip and chips------all kinds of goodies!!
We had the party at my other BIL house about 15 minutes from my house. DH was going to tell me we had to go get straw bales for the barn to get me up there.He had my shirt picked out and hidden in the pickup and everything.
Everyone pitched in and brought food. (The bozo in the maroon sweatshirt is my BIL that supposedly had to work and couldn't come. We have decided he has lost his marbles.)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-167258.jpe   attachment-167259.jpe   attachment-167260.jpe  
Old 01-31-2011, 03:15 PM

So sorry to hear about this. I spilled the beans on myself just before Christmas. Will I ever learn, LOL. Every year it's a big deal as to whether or not I will make it home for Christmas. So, this year I put the kabosh on all the drama from the get go. I just told everyone I WASN'T going to be able to make it. So all the planning was in place and I was ready to go. Well, Mom asked for some info on a family member. I got the info and forwarded it to her. What I forgot to realize was I had already replied to the e-mail to my sister and told her "see you tomorrow". Then, in my ignorance I forwarded the e-mail to my Mother. Needless to say, when I walked in the door the next day she wasn't the least bit surprised. Then she told me what I had done. Silly me! I'd better be more careful in the future, huh!