Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: South Bend, IN SNOW!

  1. #1
    Coley Banicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    S bend, IN
    Posts
    1,147
    Well since yesterday morning, and as of this moment (1:42pm) we have had about 30 inches + in south bend, Indiana...its stinks! my saturday morning has been full of shoveling!!! The sad thing is, ITS STILL COMING DOWN!!!! I'm so sick of snow lol and we are suppose to get close to another foot by tomorrow! yay me!!!

    my husbands van on the street
    Name:  Attachment-156029.jpe
Views: 1314
Size:  20.7 KB

    my back yard after we shoveled and plowed the first time
    Name:  Attachment-156030.jpe
Views: 372
Size:  32.9 KB

  2. #2
    Super Member Shelbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,946
    I didn't send it down from Canada, really! I think you have more than we do and I live in ski country.

  3. #3
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,911
    WOW! and here we are wishing we could have more and YOU get it!!!! :(

  4. #4
    Coley Banicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    S bend, IN
    Posts
    1,147
    I will send it back to anyone that misses it!!!! really? lol

  5. #5
    Junior Member sheria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    northern indiana
    Posts
    160
    lol We have a little less in Elkhart but are still getting bombarded great sew day!

  6. #6
    Super Member Momma_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dayton, TN. but hometown is Rockford IL.
    Posts
    1,619
    OH GEEEZE!! I'm use to the snow from living in Rockford IL. But here in the south it's never like that, I do miss it though. We're supposed to be getting dumped on and heard it's going to be as bad as it was back in 1993. Anyway, take care in all the shoveling, stay warm and be careful! As for me I'm going to Hobby Lobby after work today, then to the store and then wait for our snow!! Thanks for the pictures..reminds me of "home". :XD: :-(

  7. #7
    Coley Banicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    S bend, IN
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Momma_K
    OH GEEEZE!! I'm use to the snow from living in Rockford IL. But here in the south it's never like that, I do miss it though. We're supposed to be getting dumped on and heard it's going to be as bad as it was back in 1993. Anyway, take care in all the shoveling, stay warm and be careful! As for me I'g going to Hobby Lobby after work today, then to the store and then wait for our snow!! Thanks for the pictures..reminds me of "home". :XD: :-(
    I have family in rockford so i know how much they use to get hit...I'm use to snow but in the 22 yrs i;ve been alive i dont think i have seen this much come down at one time lolI know there was a blizzard in 1978 which was way more than this but heck i wasnt even thought of lol

  8. #8
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    That is a LOT of snow!! How sweet of you to shovel... and shovel... and shovel.... :D:D:D

  9. #9
    Super Member irishrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cadillac, MI
    Posts
    6,582
    Blog Entries
    19
    It's not the shoveling that's a problem. How are the roofs and carports holding up with that much at once? Power lines should be okay unless you get the winds we often have with it.

    Welcome to Winter!

  10. #10
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,958
    It's pretty.......but I don't want it here. I hate shoveling.

  11. #11
    Coley Banicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    S bend, IN
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose
    It's not the shoveling that's a problem. How are the roofs and carports holding up with that much at once? Power lines should be okay unless you get the winds we often have with it.

    Welcome to Winter!
    the shoveling stinks lol but its light snow so...

  12. #12
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,667
    Blog Entries
    194
    Wow, lots of snow, thanks for sharing your pictures with us.

  13. #13
    Super Member Tink's Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,692
    Wow Nicole! And I didn't even use my fans to send it your way yesterday...I wasn't home and able to get to them. :lol:

  14. #14
    a regular here
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    So. Ea. Ind.
    Posts
    1,332
    I live about 13mi. N. of North Vernon and we only got 1", and I want more.

  15. #15
    Senior Member denise d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    from Fl currently in Indiana
    Posts
    399
    You can keep it up there!

  16. #16
    Coley Banicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    S bend, IN
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by S D G
    I live about 13mi. N. of North Vernon and we only got 1", and I want more.
    come on up here! take as much as you want lol

  17. #17
    Super Member Pat P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,218
    Blog Entries
    17
    I lived thru the blizzard of 78" no traffic down my road for two weeks. Farm chores were a bear!

  18. #18
    Coley Banicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    S bend, IN
    Posts
    1,147
    in 78' my parents were seniors in high school...I hear the story every time i say there is a bunch of snow lol....although my dad did say there was more snow this time than we have had since about then!

  19. #19
    Super Member Momma_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dayton, TN. but hometown is Rockford IL.
    Posts
    1,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Coley Banicki
    Quote Originally Posted by Momma_K
    OH GEEEZE!! I'm use to the snow from living in Rockford IL. But here in the south it's never like that, I do miss it though. We're supposed to be getting dumped on and heard it's going to be as bad as it was back in 1993. Anyway, take care in all the shoveling, stay warm and be careful! As for me I'g going to Hobby Lobby after work today, then to the store and then wait for our snow!! Thanks for the pictures..reminds me of "home". :XD: :-(
    I have family in rockford so i know how much they use to get hit...I'm use to snow but in the 22 yrs I've been alive i dont think i have seen this much come down at one time lolI know there was a blizzard in 1978 which was way more than this but heck i wasnt even thought of lol
    HA! In 78 I remember that storm, the snow covered our bird bath! I had a 3 yr old daughter and my baby brother was born on the 3rd of this month! Ahhh yesss I remember it well... Ha! :XD: :mrgreen:

  20. #20
    Power Poster CarrieAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Whitewater, WI
    Posts
    26,044
    Thats ALOT of snow! Pretty!

  21. #21
    Power Poster Jingle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Outside St. Louis
    Posts
    28,624
    30+ inches of snow is lots better than 3" of ice.
    We just trapese through the snow, too old to shovel snow, it always goes away.

  22. #22
    Senior Member dewie45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by Coley Banicki
    Well since yesterday morning, and as of this moment (1:42pm) we have had about 30 inches + in south bend, Indiana...its stinks! my saturday morning has been full of shoveling!!! The sad thing is, ITS STILL COMING DOWN!!!! I'm so sick of snow lol and we are suppose to get close to another foot by tomorrow! yay me!!!
    I have a daughter living in Granger. She often ignores some of the storm warnings since she works from home. Luckily, this time she got out on Friday and went to the store just in case. It looks like that was a very good idea. Stay safe and warm....sharonb too.

  23. #23
    Senior Member dewie45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat P
    I lived thru the blizzard of 78" no traffic down my road for two weeks. Farm chores were a bear!
    Ah yes the '78 blizzard. We lived on the west side of Indy at the time. DH was working near Plymouth and we had not moved yet. I was home with my two youngest. Luckily I had enough food to get by. I did have to reuse a coffee filter a few times. They're easy to rinse out but you can't get the pleats back. :roll:

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    99
    we are suppose to get that today
    louise from arkansas

  25. #25
    Super Member Momma_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dayton, TN. but hometown is Rockford IL.
    Posts
    1,619
    Here where I'm at they say it's going to be bad but on the weather channel nothing is mentioned about the Chattanooga area. I have a feeling we're going to get the tail end of it...hope. Man I love the snow but when you have to get back and forth to work, you live on a back back road...2 backroads over...and you HAVE to be at work or they've already threatend that you BE there or else...well what do ya do!? Nursing homes, they don't close up for weather! I have 2 Daughters & Mom work in dietary and you have to be there. We're calling their boss...she has a 4 x 4 "Come Get Us"!! But I'm hoping it's not as bad as they say it is...Does anyone go by the Farmers Almanac? They say it's not going to be that bad...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.